My Journey

Options
Hello my FitnessPal friends. My name is Sarah and im 20 years old. Im from New Jersey (Fist Pumpin State). Im currently a college student and studying to become an Elementary school teacher. Im an only child and live with both of my loving parents. Ive been over weight for about 12-13 years of my life. Im currently weighing in at 280LBS. Being that much overweight so young came with many challenges. I was a dancer for about 13 years and towards the end i was gaining a lot of weight and continued to gain. This made my self esteem drop very low and had become depressed. I was unable to hit certain steps and keep up. I also started hanging out with the wrong crowd and started useing recreational drugs, smoking ciggerettes, and doing stupid things to get myself introuble with the law and also not giving high school my all. Although im still over-coming the smoking ciggerettes habit, I have completely stopped using recreational drugs. Im working extra hard to stop smoking ciggerettes as well. High school were the darkest years for me. I was gaining an extrem amount of weight and didnt feel like i fit in in my school. Where I come from "appearence" is everything! I dropped out of high school and joined an adult education program where i had finally obtained my high school diploma and also won a preserverence award! When i won that award a large amount of happiness ran through me. I said to myself, "Geez Maybe i really can do this!". Although i was still falling in and out of diets after i graduated high school, Ive still managed to not gain anymore weight! I started college this spring in Jan. and honestly it changed my perspective on a lot of things! College opened my eyes to a window of possiblities! I found this website through my android phone and was happy that i found a website and app that i can use to help track my weight loss, set goals, and relate to people who are on the same boat as me, and people who have succeded in full filling their weight loss goals. As of today I am going to embark on a journey and lifestyle change! I will be eating 6 portioned meals a day, drinking lots of water, and attending the gym 4-5 days a week. I will be cutting out all fast food, soda, and CRAVINGS! I believe that this time i can do it because i have a support WEBSITE behind me! I mean you dont hear that everyday and not many people are lucky enough to have these tools to help people out in the world! Im thankful and im definetly going to keep at my goals and change my lifestyle! I will keep you all posted....... WISH ME LUCK!

Until next time Xoxoxo

Replies

• imamazed12
    imamazed12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So happy to have you on here! Definitely someone I can identify with. Look forward to being part of each other's support system! :)

Also, let me know about how you like doing the 6 meals a day. I'm currently trying to get into the habit of eating small meals more often, but haven't quite taken the plunge!
  • LovelySarah7
    Options
    Im also looking forward to being on this site and sharing our journeys! If you read my wall ive had a few mess ups in the past couple of days but im back and really changing my lifestyle! Its all about keeping positive. The 6 meals a day is really good. I can actually feel myself feeling a little hungry when it needs to be but just be careful and try not to binge.. its happend to me and im trying to get stronger and better at this..