On the go

Options
Hi Everyone....I'm a a busy mom with 3 kids. Sometimes I feel like I live in my vehicle, I'm constantly shuttling one child here and another there. Does anyone have any tips for snacks or meals while on the go? I would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks!:smile:

102298.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• Chamorrita
    Options
    Hi Everyone....I'm a a busy mom with 3 kids. Sometimes I feel like I live in my vehicle, I'm constantly shuttling one child here and another there. Does anyone have any tips for snacks or meals while on the go? I would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks!:smile:

102298.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    POPCORN!!!
  • lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    also make snack wraps.

tortilla
    lunchmeat
    lettuce
    cheese
    roll it up take with yah eat it up yum!
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fruit and peanut butter.

Celery, Apples, Oranges.

Peanut butter

Nuts

And lots o water!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, 100 cal snack packs, pretzels, trail mix, dried fruit, McDonalds...:huh: Just kidding! My 3 are too young to have to be shuttled yet, but I know the feeling of being too busy to have healthy food around. Good luck!
  • hanz8203
    Options
    seeds you can get these ones in syryp there my chocolate replacement sweet enough :tongue:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I second the one hundred calorie packs.

Apples and bananas travel well.

Trail mix... but only if you have the calories to use.

Anything you can fit in a ziplock bag will work well!

I use reduced fat blueberry muffins as my fall back lunch plan.

Oh, and I am always packing granola bars!

:flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots... crunchy and yummy.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    If you have somewhere you can buy dried fruit in bulk, pick a few different kinds, then mix them all together and divided them into ziploc bags. My kids are sadly fruit snack addicts and I am trying to switch them from those to the dried fruit bags. I told them these ARE fruit snacks. With some of the larger dried fruit like apricots, I quartered them first. Our current mix includes apricots, pineapple, cherries and dates. The kids usually love dates, but for the mix I decided to go with the date pieces (they are rolled in oat flour to keep them from sticking together). BIG mistake! The flour gave them a different taste and texture, so now my kids are calling them "dirty fruit snacks:! :laugh:
  • Chamorrita
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas...this will help a lot as well as keep my diet from being BORING. :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, 100 cal snack packs, pretzels, trail mix, dried fruit, McDonalds...:huh: Just kidding! My 3 are too young to have to be shuttled yet, but I know the feeling of being too busy to have healthy food around. Good luck!

Actually - I love the apple dippers and caramel from McDonalds!

I am in the same boat-I try to make sure I have water with me. 100 calorie packs and special K snack bars are my savior!