Alternatives for when you have a sweet tooth

Options
I started my low calorie diet on Friday April 1. With the help of MFP, zumba class, and "just dance" for the wii, I hope to lose 30 lbs in 3 months. My question is what are some good alternatives when you have a sweet tooth? I'm craving a krispy kreme doughnut but know that would put me over my limit. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    so many things....sugar free pudding......so many things...
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    yoplait delights
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I went cold-turkey and now don't get the cravings. Would a banana do?

GG
  • DanielleOsinchuk
    DanielleOsinchuk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fat free puddings! I put the individual serving cups in the freezer (80 calories) and eat like ice cream! Can't even taste the difference! Also, there is Jello Brand Refrigerated chocolate mousse cups (sugar free), they are AMAZING!!! Doesn't taste one bit healthy! ;) Good luck!
  • minalli
    minalli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weightwatcher's dessert products...but don't overeat them. Or banana/straberries with cholocolate/light whip cream.
  • princessmedic
    Options
    vita tops...also look up www.hungrygirl.com They have a TON of recipes. I am in a sweet mood tonight and am trying out a few lower calorie cookie recipes I found on the boards here.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    Im Trying To Lose 30 In 3 Months Too!!!
    I Eat Sugar Free Fat Free Jello And Pudding
    Theres Also So Many Ice Creams That Are Weight Watchers Endorsed.
    And When I Craze Chocolate...I Just Eat It lol
  • stefftastic
    stefftastic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream or smart ones desserts or sugar free Jell-O pudding :)
  • skinnyheather
    skinnyheather Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Werthers Originals and fruity gum
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    No-sugar-added Fudgecicles! 40 calories each.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Some of my all-time faves are:

- 10-calorie, sugar-free, fat-free Jell-O. Bonus: the water counts toward your daily intake!
    - 5 lg. Strawberries, sliced thin or chopped, with a dusting of Truvia and cocoa powder (30 calories)
    - Crystal Light Raspberry Ice drink mix powder in my water (5 calories per serving)
    - Greek Yogurt with a little honey and granola mixed in
    - Homemade Stove-top Dessert Popcorn (96 calories)*

Hope those help! :happy:

*Here's a link to my blog entry about the popcorn, if you're interested:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/McKayMachina/view/under-100-calorie-easy-yummy-homemade-popcorn-86922
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    Sugar free Werthers Originals and fruity gum

LOVE THE sugar free werthers...
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    My first suggestion is to AVOID "sugar free" processed foods, they actually trigger more cravings and confuse the heck out of your body because they are filled with sugar alcohols and chemicals.

I go with all natural dark chocolate, ice tea sweetened with agave or stevia, or fruit usually works.

I also make homemade almond milk which is sweetened with dates and i add cinnamon for flavor- it's delicious!!

One of my favorite fruity desserts (which I actually haven't had in a while) is steamed pear or apple slices with cinnamon and a little honey. YUM

Also, if it's on the go, a tropical flavored gum works too.

I freaking LOVE chobani nonfat fruit yogurts!
    And blue diamon and emerald both make a dark chocolate roasted almonds, perfect touch of sweet with protein and healthy fats.
    Larabars -not low calorie.... but are filled with sooo many nutrients that the calories are worth it since they are all natural with ZERO preservatives. :-D
    Just a couple ideas.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love sugar free fat free pudding. You can add a tsp or less mini chocolate chips on top. Also I like the yogurt covered pretzels in 100 cal packs.
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    Healthy Choice fudgesicles!!!
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion is to AVOID "sugar free" processed foods, they actually trigger more cravings and confuse the heck out of your body because they are filled with sugar alcohols and chemicals.

I've never had additional cravings from "sugar free" anything, and I've never seen any actual, scientific, peer-reviewed and published research that backs up the "confuses your body" claim. Maybe its there, but I haven't seen it....
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Pineapple angel food cupcakes! I'm addicted to these thing and they are roughly 60-70 calories each depending on how many you make. It's one box of angel food cake mix (the one you just add water to) and one 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. Mix both together, no water, spoon into cupcake papers and bake at 350.

I found the recipe on here and made them right away. I've eaten three today! :laugh:
  • DarthBubbles
    Options

I go with all natural dark chocolate, ice tea sweetened with agave or stevia, or fruit usually works.

I also make homemade almond milk which is sweetened with dates and i add cinnamon for flavor- it's delicious!!

One of my favorite fruity desserts (which I actually haven't had in a while) is steamed pear or apple slices with cinnamon and a little honey. YUM

I freaking LOVE chobani nonfat fruit yogurts!
    And blue diamon and emerald both make a dark chocolate roasted almonds, perfect touch of sweet with protein and healthy fats.
    Larabars -not low calorie.... but are filled with sooo many nutrients that the calories are worth it since they are all natural with ZERO preservatives. :-D
    Just a couple ideas.

How do you make almond milk? I looove almond milk, never knew I could make it at home though.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Fudgesicles, light yogurt or a small bowl of cereal are my favorites when I have to have something sweet.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Extra dessert delights gum = its yummy and only 5 cals. They do key lime pie, mint chocolate and strawberry shortcake flavors :smile: