grapefruit diet

Options
any comments? still dont know what plan to follow. just started today.

Replies

• bathori
    bathori Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't do this. It wont help. You'll feel like **** and miss out on vital nutrients.

Losing fat is not tricky. Move more eat less. Seriously.
    Pick lean proteins and leafy greens, with some good fats and you'll feel sated and look great.
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    what exactly is the grapefruit diet? is it just eating grapefruits by itself because on the principle alone that sounds like a waste of time and not particuarly healthy...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Don't go with a "diet" of any kind. Just eat fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy. Avoid processed foods, refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, but more is better. Get some kind of exercise most days of the week. Meet your calorie goal and eat your exercise calories.

Do all that and you'll burn fat with no problems and you'll be much, much healthier!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Grapefruit diet, cabbage soup diet etc have been around for ages, folks try to lose weight on them, some do, then go back to eating real foods and rebound to where they started or beyond.
    Eat to fuel your body, exercise as you can (even if you just take a farther spot from the door at the mall it's extra steps and they add up)
    Really though? you're here on MFP follow MFP's settings for you, they'll give you a caloric goal based on your chosen rate of loss... be it 0.5 1 1.5 or 2 lbs a week. Eat at that caloric goal and meat your macro nutrients as assigned as part of that and you can lose weight.***Even without exercise****
    I customized my settings once I was used to logging just what I was eating so I could see just how bad I was doing when I got here.
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    exactly.
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    Please don't do it. it's harmful for your body.
    I tried that once, along with many other starvation diets (cabbage soup diet, no-carb diet, no-fat diet, fruit only diet, veggie-only diet, tea diet... all that horrible restricting stuff), and it didn't even take a full day until I felt so horrible like I was gonna pass out any second. It's not good for you and would not result in anything, really.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY way to lose weight is to forget about diets and to adopt a new lifestyle. It's going to take longer, it will be more difficult at first, but you will learn so much and you will feel so much better as time goes by.

Go on the forums discussions on this website there is a lot of helpful tips and discussions for newcomers.
    the basic idea is - get yourself used to exercising. get yourself used to making healthier, better, more satisfying food choices. don't be afraid to eat- you can eat many times a day and you don't have to give up tasty food as long as you stay in your calorie range + opt for healthier rather than junk foods.

good luck !!!:)
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try MFP, its great! Make sure you track your food and drink your water. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Best Wishes!!!!!
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    thanks all.
    i wont do the grapefruti diet. wiil go on a balanced one.
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    sorry to ask but what is MFP? I just joined and dont have a clue!
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MFP = MyFitnessPal. ;)
    I've heard a 3-day fruit cleanse can be good detoxification. But I wouldn't use it for weight loss. Definitely stick to what all have said above. It really does work. ;) Good luck!
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    If you take certain medications like a cholesterol one, you cannot ingest any grapefruit.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You don't need a diet if you are serious about losing weight and keeping it off. If you are serious consider this your lifestyle change. If you set up your profile MFP has given you the tools you need to lose the weight, learn portion control and keep it off. The whole concept of calories in vs calories out can be daunting at first but once you get used to logging and seeing the numbers you begin to see things as chocies and weigh your options when picking food. Use this site to its full potential and you will see results. It's a process but an effective one and one where you don't feel like you are starving. You gradually drop your calories down as you lose weight bc you body needs less, once you hit your goal MFP will tell you where you need to be to maintain.
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    team thanks a lot; I deviated from the grapefruit diet and i am now getting used to MFP and all the tools it offers. today i did my first post on food ; no excercise but tomorrow is another day. not to bed. gnite.