Who want to LOSE 40-50 lbs in 4 months?!?!?

Options

Replies

• chubbymumsy
    Options
    I would love to join :)

SW 203
    GW 153

I think 50lbs may be a bit much for me, but i would be so happy to break into the 160s by then. Would l
  • chubbymumsy
    Options
    I would love to join :)

SW 203
    GW 153

I think 50lbs may be a bit much for me, but i would be so happy to break into the 160s by then. Would lOve some new friends if anyone wants to friend me :)
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey guy's it's Monday!!! Since people thought that my idea was good :blushing: I thought that i'd be the first to do a monday thing.
    What i found easy!:laugh:
    Well, i resisted eating a whole bag of maynards sports mix (gummy fruit sweets) that my mother offered me on friday. So far i've had two. So i'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. He he he.
    What i found hard!:frown:
    I've hated exercise since secondary school so i avoid it pretty much were i can. Fail i know, but the fact that sports lessons were where i was bullied a lot in school and the fact that i have joint pain really dont make us best friends. This week i've been feeling really tired because i'm not getting enough sleep, because of myjoint pain. Damn spine, knees, ankles, wrists,fingers etc Yep i feel like an old lady. But this week i have forced myself to do some low impact exercise and in the end i know that i'll be better off for it.

Hope you had a good Monday! and that someone posts besides me ohand hello to all you new comers
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Okay, so week one!!! YAY US! I'm so excited about this!

What I found easy this week: I went out with my friends this weekend for a birthday celebration (not my own). I do allow myself desserts on weekends as long as I don't overindulge. So after dinner, everyone wanted to go to a great bakery that specializes in enormous chocolate-y cookies that can pack up to 600 calories each!!! I suggested a milder option: Red Mango! It is a frozen yogurt bar where you can get lots of different flavors of yogurt and tons of toppings. My compilation? Dark chocolate frozen yogurt with strawberries mixed in. Oh. My. Goodness. It was delicious!!!! As for the caloric information: 170 calories in the whole dang thing! Talk about a win!

What I found hard this week: Pushing myself to the max in my workouts. I'm in this state of mind right now where I think, "Oh my gosh Molly, you just lost 20 lbs!!! That is so awesome girl! You definitely deserve a break, you don't need to work that hard today...or tomorrow...or the next day." It is incredibly frustrating! I feel like I need to slap myself across the face and say, "Hey there you! You're not even halfway to your final goal yet! Congrats on making it this far and I'm super proud of you, but you can't stop just yet."

I hope everyone in our group is doing awesome this week!!! I can't wait to hear about how you all are doing!
  • Rickyleetapp
    Options
    Im in
    SW 350
    GW 220
    i can do it but im only having 400 calories per day and walking 5 hours total per day.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!

Cw-151
    GW-115
  • imrddy
    imrddy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll chime in. What I found easy was closing the freezer door on the Thin Mints that I still have. I didn't even give them a second glance. Yay me!!!

What I found hard was working out. I haven't had any energy and very little sleep. I will definitely be changing this starting tomorrow. I will come in from work, workout, and get some much needed sleep.

I hope you all are doing well.
  • 321poppi
    321poppi Posts: 24
    Options
    I know, its Tuesday, so, I'm a little late but....here it goes

what I found easy: keeping track of my caloric intake - I kind of love it - I guess that's the OCD in me... I discovered how far off on portion control I've been (probably forever), after I broke out the scale and started measuring things.

what I found hard this week.....there were a few days where I totally ate way too much....or actually, I ate the wrong things - too many calories - and therefore went over my daily goal... but I did start exercising more often and saw how much that can offset a bad day.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    femme62209: Wow girl great job on choosing the healthier option. That yoghurt thing sounds super tasty. I feel like that sometimes, about the exercise, but on most days i make myself do it. You just have to tell youself that all of this is worth it, you deserve to be healthy

imrddy: Well done on resisting the call of the freezer :smile: You might find after the workouts that you'll sleep better, i know that i ususally do. Can't stay up past half ten at night now, :yawn: but i'm up before the sun is

321poppi: Great job on learning what makes a portion. I had some serious problems with this to. Exercise really does make a difference doesnt it. :happy:

Love you all
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    what i found easy last week= portioning foods and not taking heaping mountains, and then seconds!
    what i found hard = finding the time to go to the gym ---since it was spring break and id be busy, or wake up too tired the whole day!!
  • femme62209
    Options
    ravenclawseekergirl: I always sleep so much better after a workout too! It is definitely one of the things that keeps me going and forces me to get up and start moving!

I'm so glad we have this group!
  • imrddy
    imrddy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think that maybe I should take a nap as soon as I come in from work in order to have the energy to workout. At least I have my meals planned for tomorrow.

By the way, what is everyone doing for your workouts?
  • gog427
    gog427 Posts: 82
    Options
    Ok you got me!
    SW:234LBS
    GW:180LBS
    Let the games begin!
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
    I weigh 218
    I want to weigh 178 by Aug.
  • jackiecox34
    Options
    I would love to lose 50 pounds by the end of august. I currently weigh 198 and my ideal goal is 140! Count me in!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Count me in too I would love to lose 50, but my goal is to lose 40. So If I can lose 40 by August that will bring me down to 160. Then I will continue to push to lose those extra 10 pounds.
  • lois2324
    lois2324 Posts: 20
    Options
    im in,
    cw 231
    gw 190 by begining of august
  • femme62209
    Options
    In response to inquiries about workout routines, here is what I'm doing. Keep in mind that I hate, hate, hate going to the gym and running in general...hopefully with weight loss, these things will change.

I am a huge fan of Jillian Michaels, and so most of my workouts use here dvds. I own, 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Yoga Meltdown. I switch up the dvds almost every day so I'm never doing the same thing back to back. I also go to Zumba and Kickboxing classes for some extra cardio since Jillian tends to be more about strength training. I also love to go on long walks!

What is everyone else doing for exercise? Is there anyone here who loves to swim? I have heard that it's great cardio and really easy on your joints (I have a bad lower back). Does anyone have any experience with swimming as exercise that would love to share with me? I'm interested in what exactly you do (laps, certain strokes, etc.) and also what kind of results you saw. Thanks!
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I am i want to drop 50
  • tracylesq
    tracylesq Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd like to join this group. I will be turning 30 in August and getting married in October. I so badly want to lose this weight before these monumental life events, and be the girl I was when I met my future husband. Looking forward to having some support and motivation along the way. I've been struggling with emotional eating and laziness.