I AM ADDICTED TO PEANUT BUTTER

Options

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    1 TBS of JIF = 95 calories.
    1 Fuji apples = ~ 80 calories.

Melt peanut butter in microwave ~30 seconds.
    Slice apple.

Dip apple slices in melted peanut butter.

You can have this everyday. :wink:

Get your PB fix, not deny it...
  • 30lbsorbust
    30lbsorbust Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I eat PB frequently to keep my blood sugar stable. I have found that Peter Pan's "whipped" peanut butter not only has less fat & calories, but it is light. & fluffy and can be eaten with a spoon. The secret is to take a spoon full, close up the jar , put it away and go DO something. :-) You have have your peanut butter and lose weight too! :-)

P.S. Try not to beat yourself up. We're all working towards the goal of losing weight, and we all blow it once in a while. Just "dust" yourself off and start again.
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Where do you find PB2???
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    This might sound crazy but the BEST tasting peanut butter I've ever had is JIF Reduced Fat. Seriously. It's SO good. I could eat it at every meal. But I don't. That's where the self-control comes in.

Stupid, no good, ultra-lame self control. :grumble:

:laugh:

You can do eeeeet!

I eat a spoonful of this every night before bed with a drink of fat free milk. This is the only thing that makes my stomach stop growling. Love Reduced Fat Crunchy Jif.
  • lupia39
    lupia39 Posts: 2
    Options
    So am I makes me feel full and satisfied.Have it for lunch everyday in between 2 slices of light bread.I count the calories and measure the pb 1 tblsp. usually great lunch.I use the natural pb with no sugar but as long as your good at counting calories thats the key. I love it too...
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    My partner is allergic to peanuts but I love peanut butter. not safe to have in the house. we found soynut butter by IM Healthy. VERY good! it is the most like peanut butter (and it's lower in fat) then any of the other nut butters I've tried.
  • tcsteeves
    tcsteeves Posts: 59
    Options
    If you are going to be addicted to peanut butter than natural/organic is the way to go. But, just cut down on it a little, gradually. I wouldn't recommend quitting cold turkey because this type of PB is not really bad for you. There are by far worse things to eat. I'm not sure exactly how you are having your PB but you could try apples with PB on it a couple of times a day for a snack. That's not bad at all.
  • MissSakeenah
    MissSakeenah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about this...the fda allows so many rat parts in our peanut butter, think about that. It sure broke me of my pb habit. I now drive clear across town to grind up the peanuts myself so that I know there is nothing in it and it is pricey and I am cheap, so I don't get that much. It also has less calories because there is no added sugar or oil.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    ^I like rat parts, bug parts and human hair in my peanut butter... :tongue:
  • Cydnie197
    Cydnie197 Posts: 38
    Options
    I feel your pain! My addiction extends to any kind of nut or nut butter. Especially Justin's Classic Almond Butter. I can (and have) eat 1/2 the container without even blinking. I really wish I had an addiction to someting like Celery, which also goes well with peanut butter =(. Other than not buying it, I don't know what to tell you. It's great to have self control (the diet log has actually REALLY helped me in that area, sounds dumb, but I don't want my new mfp friends to see that I have jumped off of the wagon, so I just don't eat it, much).
    If you find a guiltless way to eat it, in volume, let me know, I will pull up a chair and share a JAR with ya!! heeee heeee!! =D
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I enjoy peanut butter everday ...I like the Jif Natural Low Sodium Creamy or Crunchy which doesn't need to be stirred. I know I have at least 1 tbsp twice a day as a snack with either apple slices, ants on a log (celery and raisins) or even with banana slices on a half side of a sandwich thin roll ...Delicious! ...and very filling:love: Anything in moderation can't be bad and peanut butter is definitely one of them... Enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • slamkin14
    Options
    i eat reese's brand peanut butter...someone already said it, but moderation is key! a serving of peanut butter is 2 tbsp (190 calories) but if you just eat a single tbsp like someone else posted...(95 calories 12.5% daily fat) no problem. i haven't changed any part of my diet other than switching to diet soda, i just eat only the recommended serving or less.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't overdoing the peanut butter, having some here and there isn't a bad thing at all. I've become fond of Crazy Richard's 100% Natural Chunky peanut butter. One of the things that drew me to try it was the 0 mg of sodium. It became another way for me to add daily calories without adding to my sodium totals. I usually end up watching my sodium more than my calories. I so rarely have an issue with total fat intake for a day, I don't have to focus too closely on that.
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    Um, stop buying peanut butter is the obvious answer.

i can't control that :( my family buys it....and they thought natural would be better, lol
  • rdaraz
    Options
    I wish I had your problem! My daughter is allergic to PB so we don't have any in the house! I did try SunButter one time (made with sunflower seeds) and it was ok. Not sure if it's any less fatty though.

awww :( but i didnt know sunbutter existed!! that's interesting!
  • rdaraz
    Options
    better n peanut butter

pb2

where can you find PB2 or better n peanut butter?
  • rdaraz
    Options
    Have you tried almond butter, pretty good stuff. I have also switched to pb2 peanut butter, love it.

no i havent tried almond butter! ive only learned about it recently, is it good?
  • rdaraz
    Options
    I love it too:tongue: . Good thing it is healthy, just don't eat too much of it.

yes, that's what im just going to try to do! i just put it on a lot of things, lol
  • rdaraz
    Options
    How about this...the fda allows so many rat parts in our peanut butter, think about that. It sure broke me of my pb habit. I now drive clear across town to grind up the peanuts myself so that I know there is nothing in it and it is pricey and I am cheap, so I don't get that much. It also has less calories because there is no added sugar or oil.

WOW, really? i still like it though....
  • rdaraz
    Options
    ^I like rat parts, bug parts and human hair in my peanut butter... :tongue:

LOL!