Looking for a good book

Options
Chrizzle21
Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
I'm looking for a new book to read. I'm open to anything as long as it keeps my attention...what has been the best book you've read in a while???

Replies

• reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What kind of books do you like?
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games, young adult 3 book series. Awesome (not about eating though).
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just finished the newest nicholas sparks (good but not one of the best) and I read jodi piccoults new one too. That was ok- interesting story line and everything and kept my interest but I think it has been a while since I read a really GREAT book :)
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    bump!!!! I love a good read share:)
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I recently heard that Jean M Auel just released her newest book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series. They are longish books -- but she's such a descriptive author -- her books are captivating!!!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz.

Its amazing.
  • paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is a great book. Much better than the movie. "Shutter Island" is one of the best books I've ever read. It's much better than the movie too. Any book by V.C. Andrews is good too. Beverly Barton writes great mystery-romance novels. There are others that I can't think of right now. Good luck!
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    I am a nerd so... I read nerd books. I just finished the second book by Patrick Rothfuss, it was so good! The first book is called The Name of the Wind, second is The Wise Man's Fear.
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. It's set in the early '60's in the south, and deals with relationships between black maids and their white employers. It's very well written and both funny and sad.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Best book I have read in a long time is "The Shack"

:bigsmile:
  • laurenbaumbach
    Options
    Lisa Garder books are awesome, they are suspense ones. "The perfect husband" is my favorite so far.
  • colorfulblusher
    Options
    i just finished "water for elephants". loved it
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1984 by George Orwell :)

Or if you want a mammoth task, The Dark Tower series by Stephen King :)
  • emourato
    emourato Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just finished the newest nicholas sparks (good but not one of the best) and I read jodi piccoults new one too. That was ok- interesting story line and everything and kept my interest but I think it has been a while since I read a really GREAT book :)

Those are my two favorite authors! :heart:

Jodi Picoult's "The Pact" was seriously amazing!!! And if you've ever read or seen "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks, "The Wedding" is a second part!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I read lots of YA literature because I am a high school librarian. But I am currently reading "The Tecate Journals: Seventy Days on the Rio Grande". The author biked, canoed, and rafted the entire length of the Rio Grande from El Paso, TX. to the Gulf of Mexico. I find it to be very interesting reading. You might want to check it out. I am also a huge fan on Maeve Binchy. I love her characterizations and her love of her country that is protrayed in her books. Good luck!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    the hunger games series was AMAZING, couldn't put them down, water for elephants was cute, & i'm currently reading a Lisa Gardener (sp?) book called The Other Daughter & i love it so far.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I recently heard that Jean M Auel just released her newest book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series. They are longish books -- but she's such a descriptive author -- her books are captivating!!!

I almost picked it up yesterday because I have all the other ones. I checked the amazon reviews first (since the last one wasn't that great) and it got bad reviews. I decided to get it from the library instead.

I agree with mageepilot. The Hunger Games is a good series. My daughter got me a Hunger Games shirt for my bday. Lol

I'm gonna recommend Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    Jodi Piccoult's House Rules was a really good book! I loved it, very intriguing. Pretty much anything by Steven King will capture and keep your attention and thrill you to the bone (at least if you are anything like me). One of my favorites that I keep coming back to is Steve Harvey's Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man. It is a very interesting read, witty and truly insightful. I love all books though, so it really depends on your personal taste.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The best author I have found is V.C. Andrews. Her books always have a great twist and will keep your interest easily.

The Wildflower Series has been favorite.