You have to get a really tiny stool:laugh:

Karen
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    smarty
  • skinnyjazz130
    Options
    Have you tried the unsweetened almond milk? Only 35 calories per seving and 0 sugar.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it!! I've been wanting to, but I was afraid of buying a carton and not liking it...but if you say it's good, then I'm gonna go for it!! :)
  • skinnyjazz130
    Options
    I don't think Protein is an issue for most people. It's in practically in everything we eat and we don't need that much Protein. I am a vegetariam and my problem is having too much Protein in my diet, not too little.
  • bebebrats
    bebebrats Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the unsweetened vanilla almond milk is amazing! i use it in my a.m. shakes for breakfast
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i hate regular milk.... but LOVE almond breeze unsweetened vanilla milk :flowerforyou:
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I found that having almond milk in my cereal doesnt hurt my stomach like regular milk does...YAAAYYYY!!!!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I don't think Protein is an issue for most people. It's in practically in everything we eat and we don't need that much Protein. I am a vegetariam and my problem is having too much Protein in my diet, not too little.

depends if youre exercising or not. You dont need that much if youre sedentry, but if youre fairly active you need a fair amount. A lot of people struggle to get their quota actually.
    I once got past a plateau that had lasted for AGES by just upping my protein, and its also good for muscle repair to stop soreness and stiffness after a good workout. I think most basic foods people eat are really low in protein. Not sure where you got your data from.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Love almond milk and protein is no prob for me, but I love the fact that it has more calcium, which is a prob for me.:smile:
  • Dtough
    Dtough Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    love almond milk!!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I was at the store tonight, debating weather I should get some or not. I think I will try it soon!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I make my own and its way healthier plus its live enzymes instead of dead, pasteurized garbage. Way cheaper too!! =))

Thanks for this tip Amanda! Found a recipe on the net after googling "make your own almond milk" and I am gonna try it this weekend. I have a blender but I am considering actually getting a decent food processor (if anybody has any recommendations please message me), because I really want to prepare as much of the food I eat as I can.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Almond milk also ups the amount of protein in your oatmeal, so you may find you feel fuller longer - nice bonus! I really like oatmeal with almond milk and cinnamon. BTW, you can also cook quinoa this way too, and eat it the same way as oatmeal.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    so i've tried almond milk and me and my husband love it! I've been using it in my coffe the past couple days and it's great!
  • BronxMom1967
    Options
    Don't forget to use your almond milk whether sweetend or unsweetened in pancake batter using whole wheat flour, your fruit smoothies whether homemade or store bought and anywhere else you need milk. I substituted almond milk in my standard pancake batter and my kids thought they tast better and sweeter.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea-drinker, never developed a taste for coffee. ALMOND MILK gets me the most delicious, creamy, sweet, hot beverage every day! I use Silk Pure Almond Milk - unsweetened and unflavored. The underlying "Amaretto-ish" flavor from the almonds is terrific on it's own!

I like "sugar and milk" in my hot tea, and I like the Chai flavors of tea. My favorite tea bags are Yogi Classic Indian Spice, and Yogi Chai Green.

I brew the tea in a small Mr. Coffee that has NEVER been used to make coffee!

Once I pour a tall mug of this hot, spicy, part Black/part Green tea, I then add Davinci's or Torani's Sugar Free Syrups - today's "mix" includes sugar free flavors of French Vanilla, Caramel, Chocolate, and Brown Sugar Cinnamon.

ADD TO THAT a generous splash of Silk Pure Almond Milk - unsweetened and unflavored. The milk is 35 cals for a FULL CUP, so for this decadent, sweet, hot, creamy beverage, I'm getting less than 10 calories - probably closer to 5. Spicy chai flavors, plus the sweetners, plus the Almond Milk flavor - YUMMMMMMMMMILICIOUS!

I record a full cup of the Almond Milk every day, because I drink hot tea all day long and I get close to a cup by the end of the day. Best 35 calories I ever "spent"!!!

:drinker:

Ice
  • i_Dance
    i_Dance Posts: 30
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk = Blechhh! I couldn't even put it in my cereal!
    Original tastes great! I've never tried the chocolate or vanilla unsweetened. Is it sweet enough to drink on it's own? or in cereal? The unsweetened was a dissapointment.
    I recently bought coconut milk because I LOVE coconut, and I must say the almond milk is better.
  • juliectr
    juliectr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze" is 40 cal's. and yummy with cereal, Ovaltine (low cal chocolate milk treat) and in smoothies!
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    I've been wanting to try this!! What section of the store is it in? Is it with the regular milk or somewhere else? Also, do you just use it anywhere that you would use regular milk? Thanks!!! :)