DOES ANYONE ELSE EVER GET TIRED IF LOGGING IN YOUR FOOD EVER

Options

Replies

• IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    I NEVER GET TIRED OF IT! It's like FACEBOOK, automatic. I wake up, wash up, check facebook, then check MFP. It's like INSTILLED in my brain to look at the back of the bag or box and check calories. Really not that hard or time consuming. I do it all the time for everything that goes in my mouth. Hopefully you'll get over this problem. Don't give up hun, keep on keeping on.
  • joilet
    joilet Posts: 99
    Options
    for sure!!!

it's really easy for me to do it during the week, when i'm at work, in front of my computer all day.
    but on the weekends, i have a hard time, and then monday when I weigh in I've GAINED

and I can tell you, i'm really tired of that! so i would rather log it...
    my cell phone contract is up this month, and i plan on getting a smart phone, and getting the APP... i think that will help me to stay accountable on the weekends

one thing i try to do, is give myself one day a week that i don't have to meet my goal.... instead, i try to meet my maintenance calorie level... in theory, i won't lose or gain that day... and then i get to have a few more calories and include a treat of some kind
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Theres days I do and days I dont feel that way. Sometimes if i do need a break ill just not log my calories on the weekends and just really keep an eye on what I eat.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I actually love doing it! Especially when i submit each day and my estimated weight in 5 weeks just keeps getting lower and lower!

I get sick of doing it sometimes. Like yesterday when I had to go back through the line at Souper Salad and had to write down each ingredient I had in my salad.

However, I 2nd this motion of seeing the estimated weight in 5 weeks go down! Love it.
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Be sure to remember that forgetting about the calories and just eating is probably how everyone in this boat got here.

I know it is for me.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've gotten past the "wow" portion ("wow, there are way more calories in that than I thought there were"), but am still enjoying the game of this ("How much food can I eat and stay under calories? How do I make a more filling, lower calorie meal that tastes like my favorite food?).

I'm also a little obsessive, so this site fills the niche facebook used to fill...it's like being greeted by my hall monitor (a gentle reminder that I require attention, rather than a reprimand.) Helps keep my head where it needs to be.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 469
    Options
    I'm not trying to bring anyone down, BUT lately I've been bored of logging in all my food & figuring out how much calories are in food I make at home. Always measuring, always counting...ughh. Sometimes I wish I could just forget abt the calories and eat! But then I think of the guilt and my scale and don't do it. I dunno, I guess I'm just venting. It gets tiring sometimes. Am I the only one who feels this way??

i've stopped for now. i log my exercise, but i watch what i eat and know what i'm putting in my body. i think it started when my internet went down at home and i got tired of having to write everything down and logging it the next morning at work.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Be sure to remember that forgetting about the calories and just eating is probably how everyone in this boat got here.

I know it is for me.

Just what I was going to say. I've been counting calories for nearly a year now..and MFP has mad it so much easier....before it was pen & paper...now since Jan..its a dream its so easy. I'm afraid that if I don't log its just too easy to over eat.....in my mind not to log is just another form of laziness..like not bothering to exercise.....logging keeps me accountable to myself.....so try to find a way to do it easily...ie standard recipes you use often..get them logged & saved. Regular meals the same....set a certain time of day to plan the meals..etc....don't give up.......
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My husband makes fun of me every time he sees me logging my food! He thinks I'm obsessed with it, but as you know, you have to keep logging it in order to keep yourself accountable.
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!!! I have MFP on my android phone which allows you to scan (UPC bar code) and I have it on my iPod and computer. I try to use different devices to just switch it up! Try that. Hope it works. Don't give in, ur doing great!! ;)
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my food for over 10 years (in a hand written food journal, I don't use the MFP food diary) and all I have to say is, logging may feel like a pain, but it has enabled me to maintain my goal weight this entire time...and that never stops feeling fantastic. In other words, I think it's worth it. :)
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    I definitely get tired of logging my calories, especially when I overeat and the stupid message says I am going to gain 10lb in 5 weeks!!
    Logging calories equals accountablity.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I definitely get tired of logging my calories, especially when I overeat and the stupid message says I am going to gain 10lb in 5 weeks!!
    Logging calories equals accountablity.

Wow, I've never had that...if i did I'd have a fit LOL!!!!...Weight gain OMG nooooooo
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm not tired of logging in my food, but I did get tired of measuring EVERYTHING. My daughter laughed at dinner because I used a measuring cup instead of serving spoon for a while. But now I have a pretty good idea what 1/2 cup of rice, veggie etc. looks like so I don't measure as much. I do still use the the kitchen scale to measure meat, but I am playing a little game with my self of guessing how much it is before I put it on the scale so eventually I won't use it as much. :smile:
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I am new to this so I am still learning about what has how many colories/serving etc etc, and I guess I feel like, once I have been doing it for a few months, I should be able to have a good handle on what I eat and what it adds up to etc etc, but I still find it all very interesting, so I am not bored LOL
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    No way!At the end of the day and I hit complete...Means I nailed another day down to the lifestyle I want:)
  • heathernsugar
    Options
    I personally do not, because it makes me realize what I am doing right
    and what I am doing wrong while on my journey of health. I would
    be so lost without doing so. It really keeps me on track!!!

heathernsugar

:happy:
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Occassionally, if I'm eating a bunch of new or different foods & only using my Android app, then I get frustrated. It's just time-consuming. But I also really like being able to look back and see correlations, patterns, trends... I also like being able to "play" with my calories... figuring out what to eat is sometimes like a puzzle, and I think it helps me make more informed choices. Like, I've got 600 calories to play with for dinner... what should I make?
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    no not really but the thing that bothers me is if i miss a day it knocks down all the days i did log in back down to one.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Definitely! But I've also learned to "eye ball" portions and estimates calories pretty closely from logging everyday on this site. I also log everything I anticipate eating if I'm going out to eat. That way, I KNOW I'm making the best food choice possible.

I'm more concerned about losing my "number of days logged in" count to stop all together!

Just keep going, you WILL see results!