Pizza Lovers!

Options

Replies

• rafalkohe
    Options
    I didn't read the other posts, so I am apologize if I am duplicating others. I have been told the following is better for you calorie wise on pizzas: white sauce, chicken, feta cheese. Of course I like to add broccoli to that. The cure all for my pizza cravings is DiGornio 200 calorie portion pizza. The pizza is already portioned out and is only 200 calories. Lots of different flavors are offered as well and all only 200 calories. It is available in the freezer section. I shop at Fred Meyer (aka Kroger) and find it there. Good luck!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    griled chicken and pesto, pineapple and a little bit of canadian bacon, veggies lovers pizza, turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage, ==toppings can be whatever you want (just limit them instead of loading them up) and use tortillas for the pizza crust, or flat out flat breads....super good!
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow, I appreciate all of your good ideas and responses. I'm keeping them all and will be experimenting withf your suggestions. Can't wait to try them....probably tomorrow.
    I've never heard of a cauliflower pizza crust. Sounds interesting. I live in Canada and doubt we have it here but you never know. .Also, a few of you said to try tortilla crust. I will try tortilla crusts, never eaten a tortilla before..(even though there is a Taco Bell). Lots of great ideas and nice to know I'm not the only one that can't say no to pizza.
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    lots of tomato paste, just a bit of cheese, spinach, tomato slices, and top it with a raw egg and broil it. no need for oil... the egg gives it a great flavor. Season with oregano, basil and maybe black pepper.

It's a favorite!!
  • amandarusco
    Options
    I like using turkey pepperoni, it tastes great and has fewer calories than regular pepperoni. I also love pinnapple on my pizza.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    May I ask what your 160 calorie crust is? I'd love to know!

But I put on my pizza -- sauce, zuchinni, roasted red peppers, artichokes, pineapple, feta cheese, and mushrooms! SOOOO good!
  • Ninetta
    Ninetta Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    http://vegrecipereviews.blogspot.com/

Pita Pizza 326.3 calories!!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenjam27
    jenjam27 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl uses a high fiber low calorie tortilla as a pizza crust and it's actually really good. Just spray with some olive oil baking spray and bake it at about 400F for about 3-5minutes before adding your topping and baking for another 5 minutes.

This is awesome, we do this often and its super good. You can even get turkey pepp. and we can make them for under 100 calories very filling
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've tried a recipe on a box of a HeartSmart Bisquik mix. It was pretty good. I think I would have rolled out my dough just a little thinner tho.:) I added ham, bellpepper, olives & light cheese, it wasn't too bad.
    Also, Dominoes makes a cracker thin pizza. But they cut it kinda strange. Maybe cuz the crust is so thin, idk. Next time I will ask them to cut it traditionally, that way the calories wud be more accurate. Papa muphys is pretty good, named DeLite pizza. But they limit ur toppings. Dominoes has more options & it tastes better. I'm definetely ordering sum this weekend! lol
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I really don't find tortillas to curb my pizza craving... :cry: It's nothing like pizza. It's like an open faces quesadilla thingy. :ohwell: I'd use turkey pepperoni & part skim mozzarella! And I use Jiffy pizza crust cuz it's cheap. But kinda high in calories. It's like 90 a slice for the crust if you cut the pizza in 8ths.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife and I like to get pizzas, usually either a digiorno or a little caesars. I have managed to get myself to only consume 1 slice of a large pizza and still feel full (difficult, I know). I won't complain about ~300 calories from such yummy goodness!
  • Kahiapo
    Kahiapo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have Papa Murphy's by us and their De-light pizza is great. It's super thin crust & I load it up with only veggies and ask for 1/2 the amount of cheese. It's 40% less calories and you can get their nutritional info online. Being an admitted Pizzaholic I can satisfy my craving with 2 slices and a salad for dinner
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Hey hey hey, just my thing. I am actually a pizza shop owner myself and figured out how to have my pie and eat it too!

Use part skim mozzarella, nothing else really melts correctly without high fat.

Make your own sauce
    - 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
    - 1 can tomato paste
    - oregano/ sugar/ garlic to taste

Use tortillas for your pizza shell. They cook up quick and easy and are lower in calories than any commercially available dough product. 4 minutes on a 500 degrees pizza stone and you'll be surprised how nice these little pies taste.

I eat these all the time.

bumping to try this later
  • joilet
    joilet Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm sorry but I really don't find tortillas to curb my pizza craving... :cry: It's nothing like pizza. It's like an open faces quesadilla thingy. :ohwell: I'd use turkey pepperoni & part skim mozzarella! And I use Jiffy pizza crust cuz it's cheap. But kinda high in calories. It's like 90 a slice for the crust if you cut the pizza in 8ths.

agreed... i'm a deep dish fan, so thin crust substitutes only leaving me wanting the real thing even more

one thing that comes closer to real crust taste for me was to make a bagel into pizza. toast the bagel first (to keep the sauce from soggying up the bagel) then add tomato sauce, ham, veggies, 2% mozz cheese.
    sprinkle on lots of garlic, basil, oregano to add even more flavor

bagels themselves though are pretty high in calories, so maybe try this on those whole wheat bagel thins?

i don't know, i prefer to just give myself a day where i budget my other meals to allow for the real deal... and add in some extra cardio. also, eat a big salad BEFORE eating the pizza, and try to limit to 2 slices (i can kill 1/2 a large pizza otherwise)

also, i don't think a white sauce is low cal... usually white sauces are based on cream and butter
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    all this pizza talk is getting me hungry! hahaha

i had some on sunday - we ordered dominos thin crust pepperoni, mushrooms and spinach pizza - holy crap! it was DELISH!!:noway:

sorry guys it was just so yummy i want more lol :ohwell:
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I am a die hard pizza fan and I could NEVER give it up! LOL....now that that's out of the way. I have tried cauliflower crust pizza and it is good, but ummm it is NOT like pizza. I haven't even dared to try the tortillas thing, but I have discovered that turkey pepperoni and part skim mozzarella is GOOD! Basically, you HAVE to make your own pizza. Making your own sauce cuts down the calories, and you can make a wheat dough for the crust, cuts down more calories. If you like veggies on your pizza, those are a free for all! I enjoy pineapple on my pizza. SN: The thinner the crust, the less calories!!!!
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My wife and I like to get pizzas, usually either a digiorno or a little caesars. I have managed to get myself to only consume 1 slice of a large pizza and still feel full (difficult, I know). I won't complain about ~300 calories from such yummy goodness!

OMG I cannot see how this is possible!!! LOL
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A tasty pizza recipe would be great.