water and weight gain

Options
82song
82song Posts: 30 Member
Hi guys, i've never had the courage to post a thread before....I've been dieting for about a month now and I've lost 4 pounds so far. I really have not been drinkig near enough water as I shoudld (I cant stand the taste! so I used to use cordials just to make me drink). Anyhow, Ive started to drink a lot more in the last couple of days, and Ive noticed that my aready large belly has increased in size and I seemed to have put on more weight even though I have increased my exercises. I think the weight gain is probably due to the water retention, but will it come off? maybe I need to drink more? any advice will be appreciated!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    drinking more water does not cause water retention. The sodium in your diet will cause the water retention. Also, if you are doing weights at the gym, if you are sore, that will cause your muscles to retain water and will be reflected on the sacle. Try to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. Flavor it with MIO flavor drops. The water helps flush out the fat when you are dieting.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Its the water.no worries it will go away
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    Look up the benefits of water online. You will be amazed. I too had a problem getting enough. Even now I count each one and am envious of others who just chug away at it. It is very important in fat metabolization as the kidneys cannot get rid of it without water. If you look it up online, I am sure you will understand it better. I doubt you are gaining weight from drinking the water though.
  • navyman09
    Options
    I normally hit the sauna once a week and it seems to help me but i think this site might help you. http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/How_to_Lose_Water_Weight_Quickly.
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    drinking more water does not cause water retention. The sodium in your diet will cause the water retention. Also, if you are doing weights at the gym, if you are sore, that will cause your muscles to retain water and will be reflected on the sacle. Try to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. Flavor it with MIO flavor drops. The water helps flush out the fat when you are dieting.

What are MIO flavor drops?
  • 82song
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I'm hoping that I'm just panicking and my scales are wrong ;).

I think the MIO flavour drops is this?
    http://drinkablereview.blogspot.com/2011/03/mio-liquid-water-enhancer.html
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I'm hoping that I'm just panicking and my scales are wrong ;).

I think the MIO flavour drops is this?
    http://drinkablereview.blogspot.com/2011/03/mio-liquid-water-enhancer.html

Thanks for the link...Did the scale move for you?
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Water weight will go away. Our bodies actually will retain more water if we don't drink enough. Since you are not a big water drinker your body is probably holding on to it thinking it isn't going to get more any time soon. As it adjust to getting the appropriate amount it will let it go.
  • 82song
    Options
    the scales moved eventually and very reluctanly!!
  • 82song
    Options
    Water weight will go away. Our bodies actually will retain more water if we don't drink enough. Since you are not a big water drinker your body is probably holding on to it thinking it isn't going to get more any time soon. As it adjust to getting the appropriate amount it will let it go.

It's something I'm trying to change, I hate the taste of water! I also read somewhere that drinking ice coldwater isbest as the body has to burn more calories to bring the body back to 37 degrees