How can this website help me lose fat, not weight

Options
I've always worked out and kept in shape.. I just want to lose fat to cut up, how can this website help me lose fat but not lose my weight? I put keep same weight, but it doesn't really tell me how many calories to burn to lose fat and maintain the weight, it just tells me how many calories to eat/burn to maintain weight. Thanks! :D

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    umm, it cant, but you can stength train!!
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    To lose fat and not lose weight I imagine you'd have to gain the same weight in muscle.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    MFP can calculate how many calories you need to lose, gain, or maintain. The rest is up to you (the things you eat, the workouts you do, etc).

Edit- The community here is really great, feel free to ask questions in the forums if you are unsure of something to do with diet, workouts, etc.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You could not log your weight but only log your body fat %. Lots of guys on here do that.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Keep track of what you eat and what you burn, and eat back what you burn.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    eating more or less calories isn't going to help you burn fat. You need to exercise and then eat enough calories to maintain your weight, plus the exercise calories you burned.....
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You could try typing REALLY fast.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    You could try typing REALLY fast.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tasaturi
    tasaturi Posts: 5
    Options
    hmm thanks ladies, I do strenght train and do have muscle, just trying to make a big cut in fat %. Ill just keep at eating less calories and burning whatever I do eat !
  • tasaturi
    tasaturi Posts: 5
    Options
    haha at type fast, I type fast enough!
  • vmt90509
    vmt90509 Posts: 9
    Options
    In order to lose body fat you need to increase your weights. Increased cardio will help you lose the extra calories but the weights will build the muscle. Muscle burns at a higher rate and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn just sitting there. Strength training by circuit training is a good way to begin building muscle but if you are serious about body fat percentage a good strength program is the way to go in my opinion. If you don't know how to make up an effective one DEFINITELY go to a gym and have someone who has their CSCS certification make you one up.