Water = Worst Enemy (HELP)

Options
Yes, you read that right. Water and I have never got along. I hate water. Why? Not sure. Before yesterday (when I started this life-changing process)....I was lucky to drink A glass of water in a month.....I realize that is horrible. Yesterday I drank 3 glasses of water, today I am at the same.

I am looking for suggestions, ideas, tips....anything :)

(Can I use crystal light packets, etc.)??

Thanks,

Kim

Replies

• Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light packets are good to use. What about flavoring it with lemon or something? It took me a while to get used to drinking so much water too, but you get used to it. I am at about 64oz+ a day now. Take it one glass at a time .:smile:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    HI,
    Try to squeeze a bit of lemon, lime, or orange in your glass....or drink herbal teas. That is what I do, expecially when the water blahs hit. :-)
    Caffinated beverages don't count as water. I don't know about Crystal Light.... I would think the artificial stuff isn't good for you and is hard for your body to process.
    Good luck!
    ~maddymama
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    I use to be able to go weeks without water, but i now bring a litre bottle of water with me to school and sip on it throughout the day! I usuall put diluitable orange (mi-waddi) in it! It gives it a bit of flavor!!
  • Maureen80
    Maureen80 Posts: 10
    Options
    im a great fan of water but i have a partner, and a sister who hate it too! my sister uses lemon or lime wedges in hers, just to add that little bit of flavour. i guess if you use the flavour sachets you would have to count that in your calories. warmer ater is easier to drink than cold too, i have added a tiny splash of cider vinegar and honey to mine too
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I use lemon in my water at home because it has a terrible taste. Consuming enough water is a big part of this journey. You will learn to love it and start to crave it~I am a former Mountain Dew addict.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Make watermelon your fruit of choice.
  • Kimmers_80
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I do like lemon (so I will try that). I am thinking about alternating between 16 oz of water with flavor (lemon, lime, orange, etc or a crystal light packet) and then 16 ozs of plain water....

I CAN DO THIS!
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Iuse crystal light or the generic equivalent...It doesn't take much to add a bit off flavor to the water. You can use those to go packets and just sprinkle a bit of it in a water bottle, not necessarily the whole tube. Some will say the artificial sweeteners in it are bad for you but everyone does what they gotta do.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You have to find a way that you like to drink it. Growing up, my dad always drank it in glasses, and I NEVER drank it. Turns out, I hate it that way. If it's in a plastic water bottle (refillable or not) I can drink much more. I also can drink more if I have a straw. It's very mental. If the crystal light is the only way you can drink it, I would think it'd be fine to count it for now, just try not to over do it. Try to drink 2 or 3 glasses of regular water and then have one serving of crystal light (which, if you use the packets, is a minimum of 2 but I think tastes better if you use a whole 24 ounces!), then you've finished 5-6 of your glasses!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I used to never drink water unless it was bottled and I was out somewhere that there were no other options. Then a few years ago we bought a new fridge with a water and ice dispenser and my life changed! I started drinking water at home every night instead of soda or juice. Then I started drinking water at work, too. I now go days where the only thing I drink is water, much to my surprise. I like mine with lots of ice and I read somewhere that you'll actually burn a few more calories a day drinking cold water because your body has to heat it up to 98.6°.
  • Toniteach
    Toniteach Posts: 12
    Options
    I felt the same way you did. Then my doctor said on my high-protein diet, "you need to drink half your weight in ounces each day of PURE water" I couldn't have lemon, lime, crystal light, nothing. I would force myself and guzzle it. Today, I still drink that much water (I'm maintaining my weight loss) and I actually CRAVE pure water. You will get there! If I did, you will!
  • becomingsara
    Options
    don't forget to try the different TEMPERATUREs as well...I like it freezing cold after workouts (with mint essence in it) but throughout the day I prefer it room temp, unless it is with a meal and then I like it hot... and I am able to drink 16-24 glasses easy.
  • TinaMarina22
    Options
    Crystal Light is great, I don't care for it. I drink A LOT and I mean A LOT of tea, I get unsweetened with sweet n low! 0 Calories! I drink it all day long!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love water so i don't have this problem. Sometimes in the summer I will make a big pitcher of ice water and put slices of grapefruit or oranges in it...it gives it a very nice refreshing taste and if you let it sit in the fridge all day while you drink a few glasses here and the flavor gets better and better.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I drink peppermint tea all day. I don't like plain water much in the winter, though carry around a water bottle once the weather gets hotter.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Crystal light got me started on water. Now I drink water all the time. I find the more I drink, the more I want.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Try adding some lemon or cucumber!! Great way to "freshen" things up. You can also just try some seltzer water. If you try the plain one, add a bit of fruit or tiny bit of fruit juice. Or try one of the many different flavors.

This "Sassy water" is good, but can get kind of expensive to make.

Sassy Water:

2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups)
    1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
    1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
    12 small spearmint leaves.

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight. Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.

Unsweetened tea is also a good option. But be sure to brew your own! There are a lot of "fruit" teas now that are great over ice: just brew, let it cool, and pour over ice. If you aren't sure what you like, buy an "assorted" box, something is bound to appeal to you.

I am one of those previously referred to people that thinks the chemicals in the packets aren't really any better than drinking diet coke: especially when there are so many other natural options, but do what you gotta do..
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i get those little MIO flavor shots that you put in water. you can add as much or as little as you want.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Where do you find MIO? I haven't been able to find it yet.
  • Merrymel
    Merrymel Posts: 15
    Options
    I recently quit smoking! Actually 11 months ago. My brothers only advice was everytime I wanted a puff to take a sip of ICE COLD WATER! And so it goes.....I think I am addicted to water. Water can replace anything, even food. I did gain 15 pounds in 11 months but I was treating myself way too much. Monday I joined myfitnesspal. and I will be so much better for it. and will lose the 15 + pounds. I think you should stock up on bottled water. Go to a sporting goods store and buy 2-3 water bottles leave one at home, one at work, one in the car. Seriously thats what I do. I cannot get in the car without my water jug. Always have ICE COLD WATER, no additives required. Oh and by the way....I used to drink about 12 can cokes a day.....long time ago. Now I have one a day!