How often do you weigh?

Options
2»

Replies

• chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started weighing everyday because I'm impulsive lol But now I do it 2-3 times a week. Still too much probably, but better than I was. Good luck!
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, and I log every time I'm lower than my last log in. It helps me track fluid retention, and it helps me make sure that my numbers keep going down. They sometimes go up by a couple of pounds, but as long as it comes back down, I'm OK with that.
  • lanerichardson
    Options
    i only weigh once a week on my goal day. i have a weekly goal so i don't pay attention each day. i weigh first thing in the morning after i have gotten up out of bed and before i get dressed for work or even eat breakfast. its supposed to be the time of day when you are at your lightest with nothing in your stomach.
  • beffy191
    beffy191 Posts: 71
    Options
    I don't have a scale in my dorm room so I weigh whenever I go home. I weighed myself last week and I won't be home until Easter so that is probably when I will weigh myself again.
    I'm not a huge fan of wanting to weigh myself constantly though... I usually go by how my jeans fit. :)
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I weight in daily and use it as motivation. If I gained, it pisses me off I try to do better. If I lost, I give myself a pat on the back and know what I'm doing is working.

Also this:

People who are trying to either lose weight or avoid gaining do better by weighing themselves daily, according to a new study in the December issue of Annals of Behavioral Medicine.The research team evaluated self-weighing practices of more than 3,000 people participating in either a weight-loss or a weight-gain prevention program. The study's key finding: "Higher weighing frequency was associated with greater 24-month weight loss or less weight gain.".
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same time each week. BF% taken at same time.

Full measurements done every 4 weeks.
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Once a week is good enough, but I just can't help myself and I end up weighing in every morning (after I go to the bathroom and before breakfast). =P
  • caprica
    caprica Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-ins is what most books recommend.

For me I find if I weigh in every morning it keeps me more focussed on the task at hand.

In my view, weighing in more than once a day is a sign of being obsessive.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think weighing daily is good if you can stand back and look at the trend and not obsess over fluctuations. With daily data, the trend becomes clearer (and more significant, in statistical terms) sooner. If I weigh only once a week and it goes up or down half a kilo between one weigh-in and the next, I don't know if that's real or just a fluctuation. But if I've weighed myself at the same time of day every day during the week, I can see the trend. But if you are the type to worry about day-to-day fluctuations, it's best to weigh yourself less often.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    too much!! ha ha! i weigh EVERY DAY, and sometimes twice a day. i only log my progress into MFP once a week though, on THURS mornings. i know that your weight changes throughout the day, but somtimes i like to just see. like i will weigh before bed and then when i wake up in the am to see how much i lost.
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning