Belly Fat from babies

Options
ejmcam
ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
I posted this in another area of the community but then thought maybe this section might be better:

So I have been dieting and working out atleast 5 days a week for 2 months now. I am definetly seeing results, but my "problem" area is my belly fat. I work out my abs, and I can definetly see the abdominal muscles now, but I can not seem to get rid of the little pouch that I still have from being pregnant! I had my second baby 17 months ago, so its been hanging out quite a while. It must be shrinking a bit, but its still there....hanging over my pants when I sit down and am not sucking it in! Anyone have any suggestions that will target this area? Certain foods that target belly fat? name of a good plastic surgeon, etc.....(ok kidding about the surgeon...for now atleast)

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• kmart20
    kmart20 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm in the same vote, but I had my kids 3 years ago. I don't think my stomach will ever be back to what it used to (since its mainly lose skin now)
  • brigbug
    brigbug Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't know if this would work, but on the 30 Day Shred video by Jillian Michaels, they do a reverse sit up. You basically put your hands out to your side and legs are straight out. Then you lift your butt off the ground by lifting your legs. It's meant to target lower abs and tone up the bottom belly. Might try it?! :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read and heard, the only thing that can get rid of that is cardio, cardio, and more cardio!!!! Yes, the ab workouts will help get you stronger muscles, but to lose the fat it's all cardio and healthy eating. That being said, I still have mine from 12 years ago... yes, it's pretty sad!!!!

Good luck! If it makes you feel better, mines going down finally too!!!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I do tons of cardio, P90X and I still have belly fat even losing as much as I have. for me surgery will be what does the trick.

You also can't only spot reduce so no matter what you do your body will lose weight from where it wants to.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Mine is getting smaller. I have a c-section. But if mine doesn't go away with exercise and healthy eating my health insurance covers a tummy tuck for sagging skin. They consider it a health risk because you can get bacterial infections. Worst case, you may want to see a physician if you cannot get rid of it yourself and they can go over options with you. It might be something your insurance covers and they may have something to help tighten the muscles.

My hubby and I plan on having another baby so I wouldn't get anything for a long time. But before we have another baby I want to be at a healthy weight.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I am in the same boat but it will go down. I do my measurements every week and around the belly button it barley changes but I have increased my cardio and this week I lost 1/2 inch. Just have to keep working out and keep doing cardio!