How do you accurately enter in marinades?

heavyhottie
heavyhottie Posts: 4 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I have been been grilling alot of chicken which is usually marinated in dressing or my own concoction of such. I want to be as accurate as possible but the meat doesnt absorb ALL of the marinade... then some of it burns off.
Example, tonight I used 1/8 C of Yasou Greek dressing, 1 Tblsp light mayo, garlic & fresh parsley for about 8 oz of chicken tenders. I plan on eating prob 2-3 oz of the chicken for lunch tomorrow. How the heck do I enter this?

Replies

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    ditto
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    When I do something like this I enter it in as a recipe. The whole thing...the chicken and everything. I know you don't end up eating ALL the marinade, but in my mind, it's better to over estimate than under!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    When I do something like this I enter it in as a recipe. The whole thing...the chicken and everything. I know you don't end up eating ALL the marinade, but in my mind, it's better to over estimate than under!

Me too.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I have been wondering the same thing. I agree over estimating is best but maybe make a recipe with 1/2 of the actual ingredients.
  • heavyhottie
    heavyhottie Posts: 4 Member
    Ok... thats what I will do, enter as recipe. You are right it is better to over est than under! Ugggh! Thanks!!!!
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    following this one...I cook a lot, and grilling season is coming!
This discussion has been closed.