Ideas for good Salmon

Options
brapuk
brapuk Posts: 11 Member
Ive been wanting to eat salmon but i have only one recipe and im burned out on it. Any ideas? Also does anyone know about how many calories are 1 serving size? Thanks

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I like to drizzle it with olive oil, fresh dill (or dill paste if you don't have fresh) and fresh lemon slices. Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 min depending on size, and enjoy! Citrus and salmon go really well together.
  • stephriley
    Options
    I think Salmon has about 200 calories per serving? The frozen ones I get that's what it says. A lot depends what you put on it though.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    25-30 mins! Oh man. 8 minutes under the highest temp on broil.

Sprinkle of sea sald, dried dill, lemon. 4 minutes one side. flip, 4 minutes the other side. Voila!
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Schwans make a salmon Burger...it is awesome!!! I just grilled on my George Foreman grill. I think it is 110 calories.
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I cook fresh salmon on the stove, low flame and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt-free Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning. I like the skin to get a little crispy! And thats it!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I wrap mine in an aluminum foil packet, cover with lemon-pepper 30 minute marinade, and bake at 425 for 30 minutes (fridge) or 45 minutes (frozen). It flakes easily and melts in your mouth.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Mix about a tbsp of dijon mustard with brown sugar and spread on top of the salmon.
    Wrap in foil and bake.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Put it on a square of foil, top with finely sliced ginger, garlic, spring onions, carrot, capsicum (bell pepper) and zuccini.
    Mix a tsp of each: sesame oil, soy sauce, lime or lemon juice and pour over the salmon.
    Bake in the oven or steam in a stove top steamer pan.

The calories will depend on the size of your salmon, you can find raw salmon in the database, just calculate the weight and what you add to it.
  • brapuk
    brapuk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone Thank you so much! Every recipe sounds so good im seriously starting at the top and working my way down! Thanks again!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    25-30 mins! Oh man. 8 minutes under the highest temp on broil.

Sprinkle of sea sald, dried dill, lemon. 4 minutes one side. flip, 4 minutes the other side. Voila!

I'm talking a whole fresh salmon, not those pre-packaged, par cooked "8-10 minutes to cook" pieces that you find in the frozen food section, lol.
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Great ideas! I love salmon!
  • whitewolf72105
    Options
    Hi,
    I love to use a sauce that I invented for both Salmon and tuna steaks. Cook the salmon/tuna in foil in the oven and while it is cooking mix together two table spoons of natural yoghurt, one table spoon of diet mayonaise, the rind of a lemon, about a table spoonful of the juice and as much fresh dill chopped as you like. When you have combined the ingredients chill until the fish is ready. Serve a dollop on top of the salmon or tuna. There is 105 calories in this quantity of sauce and 258 caloreis in about 120g portion of salmon. Served with a couple of new potatoes and salad it makes a filling tasty meal.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mix a teaspoon of pesto with a tablespoon of grated mozzarella and just under half a cup of wholemeal or granary breadcrumbs, press this mixture on top of the salmon and bake in the oven, I baked mine from frozen for 30 mins.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I usually do salmon either with dill or lemon pepper cooked in a foil packet in the oven. I've also used fajita seasoning which gives it a nice spice. For salmon burgers I grill them & top them with mango salsa, spinach & a little feta cheese-delicious!!!
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    bump! can't wait to try some of these!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love to make me some salmon tartar!

Fillet the skin off then put the fish in the freezer for 10-15 mintues to firm it up. Take it out and cut it into small cubes. Then add, lime or lemon, salt, pepper, some minced onion or shallots, fresh chopped corriander. And the secret ingredient: sesame oil.

SO delicious.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I like my salmon with some kick so I let it sit in a little A1 Chicago Steakhouse marinade overnight. It's not too bad calorie wise as long as you don't go overboard with the marinade. Serve that with a nice light ceasar salad and your taste buds will be cheering!
  • Anna101010
    Anna101010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    love your recipe for salmon. Simple and sounds delious!
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, I grill as much as I can, all year round (harder than is sounds in Minnesota winters). For salmon, I like to grill it on a cedar plank. It really adds a lot of flavor to the fish. You don't need much beyond that except for maybe some lemon juice while it's cooking. Very simple and delicious. I serve it with a pinneaple salsa. Yum!
  • kchambless
    kchambless Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i cook mine on the grill with a little white wine (i like to use mascato but any will work) and mckormics salmon seasoning. put the salmon, skin side down, in a foil "tray" and put enough wine to cover the bottom (& maybe a splash more) you don't want it to dry out & sprinkle with the seasoning. no need to flip it will cook through & the skin should come off easily when the fish is done.