Heart rate monitors

Options
dhiggins8
dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
i am looking to get hrm but just looking for People whom already have one and for reviewsof them I don't want to spend. Alot of money for something that I can't use. Thanks for you time

Replies

• corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    not sure where you are? but l'm kinda new to the fittness world and didn't want to spend much on a hrm so l ended up getting one from Aldi is brand crane (german brand) was only $20 and l love it, took a bit to figure out had flat battery to start with but now that's changed working great and has loads of features, more than l'll ever need. I'm in Australia so this info might not be of any use to you????
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I want to be in Australia :cry: I'm in USA
  • anner53108
    anner53108 Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi,

If you go to the Exercise and Fitness message board and search for heart rate monitor or HRM, you'll find tons of advice, reviews, suggestions.
    In short, from what I've read here: The Polar brand is highly recommended, and the most accurate ones use a chest strap.

Hope that helps and you find some good info! Good luck! :)

~ Ann
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Polar. I got a 7, but the 4 looked pretty good, too. It's going to cost you $70 or more for a decent one. Look on e-bay, sales at sports stores and amazon.com
  • Xanadar
    Xanadar Posts: 23
    Options
    I use the Instant Heart Rate Monitor app for Android. Free, and it works. https://market.android.com/details?id=si.modula.android.instantheartrate
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar HRM and love it! I tried one that you use on the wrist (no chest strap) and hated it. So got the Polar instead and thought the chest strap would bother me but I can't even tell it's there. It's also super easy to program and use.