Has anyone else noticed this?

Options
I set a weight loss goal based on what I used to weigh when I felt good about myself. This is the first time I've done cardio and strength training with weight loss. I seem to be stuck at 5 pounds above my goal. People say I look thin and my size 6 pants are starting to feel kind of loose. Is it possible I set my goal too low?

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much cardio you are doing, your blood volume will increase and your muscles will store more energy (glycogen) and water. This is a positive training effect. Weights will also increase your muscle mass over time. So yes, your goal may be too low.

The best thing to do would be to have your bodyfat % tested.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It is always possible to set your Goal too low--or too high for that matter.
    :smile: Your Goal Weight--in my opinion--should be flexible. When you truly feel comfortable with how you look and feel, then you are "There" regardless of what the Scale, your Friends, or the Charts tell you. lot of people have a Goal Range of 3--5 pounds rather than a single number that they try to maintain.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think the ultimate goal has got to be happy and healthy! :)
  • Nomoregut
    Nomoregut Posts: 39
    Options
    I agree with everyone you might of set it to low. Congrats you are doing well
  • 65kar52
    65kar52 Posts: 23
    Options
    I think the ultimate goal has got to be happy and healthy! :)

Agree totally.
    I remember being very happy with my weight at 54 Kilo having lost baby belly nr. 1 (like 12 years ago :smile: ) and always had this figure as my ultimate goal but now, 4 babies later and all that goes with it, I'm at 61.5 Kilo and think 54 Kilo would be WAY too low and look awful.

Depends on your stage of life too, I think.

Goals are flexible, we set them for ourselves afterall.

More important to be healthy and fit than to fix on any particular figure on the scales, having said that I continue to weigh and feel a sense of achievement reaching my goals.