sicky and dieting

emoff3
emoff3 Posts: 14
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
I woke up the other morning with a badly sore throat, a sinus headache, and I was congested. I have not felt good for a few days now, but I have still been trying to keep on my diet and exercise. I have forced myself to exercise all the days I've been sick. The first day, I worked out at the gym for 45 minutes, and then the next two days (including today), I've jogged/walked in the park for about 45 minutes as well. My question is, should I still be doing this much exercise? I want to get better for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure if using a lot of my energy by exercising is good for me right now? I'm just looking for comments. Thanks

Replies

• I woke up the other morning with a badly sore throat, a sinus headache, and I was congested. I have not felt good for a few days now, but I have still been trying to keep on my diet and exercise. I have forced myself to exercise all the days I've been sick. The first day, I worked out at the gym for 45 minutes, and then the next two days (including today), I've jogged/walked in the park for about 45 minutes as well. My question is, should I still be doing this much exercise? I want to get better for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure if using a lot of my energy by exercising is good for me right now? I'm just looking for comments. Thanks
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I am not sure what the real answer will be, but I would take it easy for a little bit. I would stay on the diet portion because eating healthy can only help you but your body is fighting something off and rest is very important to speed up the process. My personal experience is taking that break can make a world of difference.

Eve
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Cut down your workouts to 20 minutes and skip going to the gym, it's easy to get others sick at the gym, instead walk or jog outsoors. Endorphins help build up the bodies immune system. Plus a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
    Feel Better!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Back in the days that I had a trainer, we followed an "above the neck" rule, which I've seen several times in magazines. If your symptoms are primarily above the neck, which it sounds like yours are, working out is still good for you. (some even say that raising your body temp and sweating helps your immune system.)

But, if your symptoms are everywhere (like aching from the flu) then rest is better for your body.
This discussion has been closed.