Pretty much just FRUSTRATED!

Options
1st week - Down 3lbs
2nd week - Down 3lbs
3rd week - Down only .8lbs
4th week - Down only .6lbs

What's going on?!? I went from nightly binge eating and not watching calories at all to making good choices and only eating when I'm hungry. I went from a desk job and the couch everyday to being more active at work and going to the gym 3-4 times a week for at least an hour. I'm working harder than I even have in my life and watching and tracking every bite that I eat. Why aren't the pounds coming off?!?!?

Replies

• Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I lost 4lbs my first week then almost nothing the next 2. Then week 4 I lost another 4.6lbs. It's the weirdest thing. But I did check and some of my measurements have went down so I'm losing inches too! Have you tried to see if maybe that is what it is? That you are toning your muscles so that you will be losing inches instead of weight? How are your clothes fitting? Any non scale victories?
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    take your measurements - perhaps you are firming up with musles and that is hard to see in the scales alone. If you go to a gym see about getting your body fat measured then re-measured l'm not seeing massive numbers in the scales but have lost 8% body fat in 6 weeks and heaps of centre metres which l'm very happy about
  • ginalhorst
    Options
    If you step back and look at the big pic you have lost almost 8 lbs in one month. If you lose 8 lbs a month for a year it's 96 lbs. That is quite significant. So don't be discouraged and keep on going one day at a time trying to look at the bigger pic. Don't give up! :-)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?

You should eat your calories from exersise back! on days i know i'm going to the gym, i log my exersie in the morning , then have bigger meals those days!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • southa77
    southa77 Posts: 12
    Options
    Sometimes your body will also get used to the exercise you are doing if it is the same thing each day, try mixing it up, a couple days a week do one set of workouts a couple other days something else, that way your tricking your body and its not getting comfortable in a routine.
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    Hang in there. My first 15 pounds came off with very little effort. The rest of it is going to be hard work. And you have to consider time of the month, etc., too. Eight pounds down beats eight pounds up! Good luck.
  • jbaden01
    jbaden01 Posts: 10
    Options
    Nothing wrong with 8 lbs/ month! good job! As long as you heading the right direction it's always good. You don't want to lose anymore than 2 lbs/wk anyway. You need time for your skin to shrink back or else you'll look like Adam Sandler in the movie "Click" with a stomach that looked like a tongue!
  • armywife121110
    Options
    you may just need to switch up your exercise routine :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! I made some changes, dealt with TOM and a cold, and came out this week with a 3lb loss! This place and the people here really make all the difference!
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! I made some changes, dealt with TOM and a cold, and came out this week with a 3lb loss! This place and the people here really make all the difference!

Oh, TOM will do it, that's for sure - if you look at the graph of my progress here on MFP it's really obvious where my TOM is - I gained three pounds, and then afterwards almost immediately dropped four - the three I'd gained in bloating, plus the pound I lost by eating right.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Jenn,
    Like some of the other posters, you need to focus on the big picture. You have lost almost 8 pounds in a month. That is AWESOME, and a VERY HEALTHY weight loss.
    It's hard not to get frustrated when that scale doesn't move. Just stay with it.....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. You are doing well!
    Kaye