I'm Too lazy to exercise

Options
I tell myself every morning that i will get up and exercise but i don't :(
I never get a chance at night time in my hostel, as people are always talking or there are things ging on that i want to participate in

I love to dance and was keen to go to some classes, but they're so far away.

Can anyone please help me find some way of doing SOME exercise? I am not happy with how much weight i have gained from doing nothing

Replies

• DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Try running.... here is a great running plan to take up, it's great and works :)

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I never use to like it. Then I made myself get up really early to do it and after few days I got use to getting up and now feel stressed if I don't do any exercise at all. Running is good. I'm in a week 6 or C25K...have a look at that. :smile:
  • kurtestinoso
    Options
    a 30 mins. brisk walk will do.. you just have to find a place, shoes to wear and motivation to do it... =)
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do the Zumba dvds. Cardio party 3x/week and sculpt and tone 2x/week. It is latin-inspired dance moves. I love it!!
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Exercise has to become the priority. You will want to do that versus participating in other things. Start small. Workout for 20 minutes by walking, doing body weight squats, or jumping jacks. Also, find a friend to start with.
  • Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way! I used the excuse that if I couldn't get into the gym that I couldnt work out. I started using the treadmill at home but I also bought some weights and I do some work out videos on demand. Even if you start with 10 minutes a day, it is something and you will start to go longer and longer everyday! Dont give up! :)

1559095.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • captbaka
    captbaka Posts: 10
    Options
    It's possible that if you're cutting calories, you actually don't have enough energy...

But probably, you're just sabotaging yourself before you even get started. It's all in your head. You deserve to look and feel great. You just have to do it. If losing weight was easy, everyone would look hot!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    start with just a walk. The more you do it, the more you will want to do it...good luck! =)
  • longtallted
    longtallted Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Everything adds up... if you need to go somewhere (and generally, everybody has to go somewhere every day) then walk. If it's a short way away, take a longer route. If it's a bus ride away, get off several stops early and walk the remainder (which also could save you money - always a bonus). Take the lift, not the stairs. Never eat sitting in front of the TV. Stop taking sugar in your tea. Anything.

You may think it doesn't sound like much, but even burning 10 calories more a day - which is nothing - would lose more than a whole 1lb over a year. Like I say, it all adds up and if you think of the big picture, even 10 calories a day is something to smile about.
  • eebrocks
    eebrocks Posts: 4
    Options
    If you wait for just the right tome to exercise, it will never happen. You have to make it happen. If you can't count on yourself for the motivation, then find an exercise partner that you won't want to let down, and set a time and place to meet everyday. It's an important appointment - you can't miss it.

Sometimes we put ourselves last when we really deserve to be first. You can do it!
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to start x
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    And You won't like it until you see results, then you will love exercise. Problem is, you have to get off the sofa and do something to actually get results. None of us really loved it before, it was much more fun to sit around, eat a bag of crisps / fries and complain about how we need to lose weight, but did not want to do anything about it. We all finally realized that "magic weight loss pill" was not really coming.
    However there is a silver lining to all of this. All you have to do is force yourself to go on a walk, reduce your calorie intake and keep doing it, day after day. Make it routine. Then one day you are going to step on the scale and say to yourself "holy crap!!!", I've lost a kilo!!! THEN you will get excited. That desire for more results will overwhelm you and nothing can get in your way after that.
    This site is a great place, full of great info and we are all here to help each other with that motivation needed to get us through each day. BUT it has to start with YOU. Only YOU can get this started. Go stand in front a a mirror and say "enough is enough!" and ask yourself what you plan to do today to work towards your weight loss goal. Don't expect fast results, sometimes it takes weeks to see results, but do not get discouraged, keep pushing on. The changes will come.

And whatever you do, when you see results, don't celebrate with food!!!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Once you start doing it you will get used to it.
    I enjoy going to the gym everyday now. I look forward to it for a good portion of my day.

Once you're seeing results, you realize that excercise and diet are your friends.
  • buckigirl
    buckigirl Posts: 10
    Options
    You don't have to run...you can do ab crunches while you watch TV. You can walk the dog...if you have 1. You can do yard work or clean the house. Whatever it takes to get your heart pumping and make you a little sweaty. Don't feel like you have to start right off doing a 5k...take small steps. Get in a habit of doing something and eventually you'll want to do more and more. Then you'll almost become obsessed with working out.
  • longtallted
    longtallted Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is one of the things I love about the MFP app on my Samsung - I log anything that I'm going to be doing for more than 15 minutes. You see all these little things add up and after only 6 days, I'm addicted to it. I'm almost looking for activities to do other than sit at my desk or watch TV... which is incredible! Justifies the cost of the phone by itself.