Leg Toning

Options
I've been losing weight from around my waist but I haven't noticed any slimming of my legs. Does anyone know some exercises that will tone my inner and outer thighs?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    tag for later
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    i too would be interested in knowing
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce you just have to lose the weight. However lunges and squats are good for toning up the muscles in your legs.
  • nikkiroc
    nikkiroc Posts: 1
    Options
    http://www.prevention.com/health/fitness/belly-abs/the-belly-and-thighs-workout/article/6f7d88dc78803110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/8

stair climber machine-10 minutes
    lunges - 3sets of 10
    deep squats -3 sets of 10
    leg press machine
  • britia1
    britia1 Posts: 21
    Options
    squats, lunges and dead lifts.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bump, always looking for good lower body stuff
  • crystal10584
    Options
    lunges and squats are great for butt/leg toning. There's the leg/hip one at the gym where you either push it out or squeeze it in (hip abductor is what one of those is called, can't remember the other). Swimming is fantastic for that and will tone everything as well.
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    http://www.fitness-training-at-home.com/leg-toning-exercises.html

We do the 2nd one in class, minus the ball lol
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Leg press!
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I do I Do.... It is called Pure Barre..... I know it is not an exercise but a program..

www.purebarre.com

i have been doing it a month and my legs are thinner and my upper thighs are getting smaller for the first time in a long time!!!!

we were three areas.. Thigh, Seat, and Abs... for Thigh... imagine doing a wall squat for 7 minutes or more!

It is based on ballet movements and pilates... Which I could better describe the exercises but that is hard to do

google it promise it works.. if you interested I can give the best DVDs to order to do these if there isn;t a studio in your area
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Steps and squats!!!!

Correct form is essential for squats. http://www.5min.com/Video/How-To-Squat-w-Correct-Form-83777200

I lost a lot of weight after bariatric surgery but it was almost all in my upper body. When I started to do steps and squats I *finally* started losing in my legs. I sound like this journey is so far in my past but really it's only been a couple of weeks. When you can feel the burn in your thighs for hours afterward guess what's burning? :-D

You can also do a holding squat where you just hold the position for 20 seconds. Steps are good for hips and calves.
  • KTomko2013
    KTomko2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love the community on MFP. You guys are great! Thank you so much! :smile: