Finally did enough cardio to get the fat off my belly, now w

Options
I think my belly is now about as flat as its going to get with all the cardio I've been doing. How do I get it to be toned without getting a six pack, I just want those lines down the sides. Suggestions?

Replies

• daddyzgurl
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 6 weeks to 6 pack abs tape- 35 minutes a day. You can customize the exercises to achieve desired result.
    Good luck!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I would try Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred or 6wk6pk abs. I see lines coming in for me and my hubby too. Lots of plank moves!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want to work on your Obliques so that would require doing bicycles and side planks that work those muscles. You can also do side plank and "thread the needle" where you take top arm and thread it under your lower arm. That works the muscles along the side of your body.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am not sure you can. There seems to be a genetic component. I always wanted the line in the middle but never was able to achieve that. Not trying to be discouraging, I have heard good things about t-tap, have you seen it?
    http://www.t-tapp.com/try/index.html
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I think my belly is now about as flat as its going to get with all the cardio I've been doing. How do I get it to be toned without getting a six pack, I just want those lines down the sides. Suggestions?

I'd recommend Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. She works abs and the core and everything in between. I like her ab workouts better in this DVD.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lose more fat. If you can't then you're genetically designed to store fat there, and will never be able to see your obliques.

There is no resistance exercise that makes your muscles pop out from underneath the layer of fat we all have in certain places.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    trunk twists,oblique bends,crunch twists:bigsmile:
  • Gonzalezkrystle
    Options
    I think some people are giving you advice without really seeing your pics. You definitely do not look like your'e predisposed to storing fat in your tummy. One name for you '' Jillian Michaels'' . Pick a dvd, and stick to it! You will get results!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I would try Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred or 6wk6pk abs. I see lines coming in for me and my hubby too. Lots of plank moves!

Also get your body fat % checked if you haven't.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen....seriously!! Make sure your diet is rich in protein.

Also I recommend weight lifting with compound moves, i.e. lunges and shoulder press in one (with weights that feel heavy). I believe in exercises that involve all muscles instead of concentrating on ab exercises. I have that line you speak of, and I do MAYBE 50 situps a week tops as part of Crossfit workout.

Edited to say, the "line" comes from lowered body fat, and the BEST way to lower your body fat is through weights and diet.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say I agree with kdiamond ^^^ about "abs are made in the kitchen". That said there are some people that can get those lines easier than others, and frankly, you don't look like you're predisposed to put fat on your belly (from what I can tell). For me I have to be real disciplined in my eating to get abs nowadays and make sure I'm doing a very good amount of cardio to burn the fat.

If you're not necessarily wanting the 6-pack look, you may do just fine with an ab workout and some cardio - cardio being key. But there's pretty much no way around the need to eat clean & lean.