Fat count and Average weight loss Question

Options
Just wondering whats normal amount of weight loss per week... AVERAGE (if there is such a thing)...

According to MFP I should consume 1200 calories a day plus my exercise calories to loose 2 lbs a week... I do pretty well at eating that average amount... usually within 50 or so calories but Im always under in the fat area.. Is this ok? Like last week I only had 29g and I was allowed 43....

I walk 3 miles 4/5 days a week either treadmill or outside weather permitting... Treadmill reads about 250 calories @ 3.5 MPH and I usually do a moderate incline... I don't want to put myself in starvation mode again I was eating maybe 900-1000 calories total daily due to BUSY BUSY WORK and not taking time to eat and I was gaining weight slowly....

Ideally I would like to loose about 3 lbs per week..... Am I shooting too high? is that possible but healthy? And if its possible what more should I do? I don't have the room to do a workout video or anything like that.....but i do have Wii fit...

Replies

• codyyde
    codyyde Posts: 36
    Options
    I think you are shooting too high. I would say average weight loss is one pound per week. It really depends on your size though because if you are larger you may lose weight faster.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You need to open your diary in order for people to truly answer this question. Being a little low in fat is not necessarily bad, but depends on what kinds of fats you are eating and what kinds of nutrients you are using to fill your calories. If you open your diary, users will be able to give you better feedback, instead of shooting in the dark and guessing at what your diet looks like.
  • junderwood1964
    Options
    Monitor your sodium as well ... Maybe it's water weight
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    you don't have as much to lose as many others here. i agree with the poster who mentioned that 1 lb a week might be a more acceptable goal for you......

and sodium might be one thing that gives you trouble too. i know it gets in my way almost every week!
  • GA_Gyrl
    GA_Gyrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No I don't think that is too high at all! I just signed up for this site last week.......but I have dropped 6lbs a week with no problems! One this that I believe is essential to effective weight loss is eating every 2.5 to 3 hours! After 4 hours the body stores what you eat as fat.....eating this often also aids in speeding up the metabolism! Another tip would be to beef (no pun intended:) up your workout! I workout at least 2 hours in the evenings and I jog in the mornings! I try to burn at least 1000 calories 3/4 days out of the week.
    Have you ever seen any of those weight loss shows!? ie: Celebrity Fit Club Biggest loser etc!? They have aggressive goals BUT they are putting the work in to achieve those goals! You can do it!!!
  • chphotography
    chphotography Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cool. Thanks everyone. I'm not out to loose it extremely fast and have a terrible time eating right.. I try when I am home but as a single mother to 6 kids its VERY HARD! Especially when im on the go.. I do try to eat right for the most part but do get Mcdonald's once in a while! caramel frappes are my weekness and my oldest works there and loves to bring me one home! LOL! I have set my goal to 1 1/2 lbs a week then if I loose more its a yay! Its better to shoot low then high i think! I just want to loose most of it by summer!