Lose the weight, keep the curves.

Options
One thing I [still] LOVE about my body is that I have an hourglass shape. Maybe not the smoothest hourglass, but an hourglass nonetheless.

What exercises would be good for me to lose the weight, but keep the curves and even accentuate and tone the curves?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would like to know that answer as well, myself... :happy:
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Try the 30day Shred. Jillian focuses on curves...in my opinion! Upper body, waist and lower body!
  • bradbyu
    bradbyu Posts: 14
    Options
    As Sir-Mix-Alot says: "do side bends or situps" to prevent losing that butt!
    My wife takes that advice with a smile and a smack upside the head to me. ;)
  • LilMomee
    LilMomee Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I think if you are naturally curvy, you will stay that way just in a slimmer version. I'm pretty curvy myself and I haven't lost it yet :)

Other than that, the only way to spot reduce fat is by liposuction.
  • MsPrettiSmile
    MsPrettiSmile Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If your body is naturally curvy, you'll never loose them, unless you become rail thin. I have a very curvy bottom & even after loosiing 20 lbs, I still have my curves. I do a lot of aerobics using hand weights (a la "The FIRM" - I swear by those DVDs & you can easily find them at your local Target). I also do Belly Dance, which is ideal for building strong legs & buns while shrinking your waist. Good luck ladies!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I think if you are naturally curvy, you will stay that way just in a slimmer version. I'm pretty curvy myself and I haven't lost it yet :)

Other than that, the only way to spot reduce fat is by liposuction.

I agree. I have lost the weight but kept my curves. Bellydancing is great for keeping the curves.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure curves are hereditary. You either have them or you don't. I have fortunatly kept my curves, but not by doing anything out of the ordinary, it kind of runs in the family! If you have an hour glass figure now, chances are when you lose the weight, you'll still have the same general shape!!
  • hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!
  • fit4travels
    Options
    bump