Does anyone else do this?

Options
Every time the scale says I loose a lb or two, I dont log it for about 1-2 weeks untill I constantly see that number, then get below it. It is as if I dont believe it is true, so I wat to get under it, then Log. Anyone else do this?

Or am I a Weirdo!? :wink:

Replies

• JoleenHitsPlay
    Options
    It's funny you mention this!!! I have had weight loss surgery and I make sure it stays off for a few days, not weeks...yet!!

Thanks, Joleen
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I wait at least 2 days...unless it's a milestone. I posted 149.."I'm out of the 150's!! YAHH!!!" Then it jumped back up for a couple of days, but I didn't change it back, I was back down again by the end of the week.
  • ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options
    Not me! The minute that number drops, I log it quick-smart.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I'll weigh more than once a week, but I won't log until a week after my last weigh in. Weighing myself more often helps keep me accountable in my losses. :)
  • amdrummer02
    amdrummer02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually just change mine twice a month. Once around the 1st and once around the 15th or 16th. I monitor my weight throughout the process, but I only actually log my weight at those times.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I get on and off a few times and if it's either a mile marker or a weigh-in day then I log it, but not days.....now that's will power.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    IF YOU WEIGHT IN 1 TIME A WEEK THAT ENTER IT NO MATTER WHAT IT SAID . NOW IF YOU WEIGHT IN EVERY DAY THAN I WOULD ENTER IT EVERY WEEK NO MATER WHAT IT SAID
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I just log it! Fluctuations are okay, normal really. I tend to weigh on a rregular day of the week though just for consistancy.

I'm tired of the scale hijacking my brain and making me feel bad, so I thought this would work better for me.

:smile:
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this with a friend. I won't log for at least a week at that number. Plus, I'll weigh myself like 3 times in 3 different places (all the same time of day)- just to make sure the number is right!
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I thought I was the only who felt this way. When I lose a pound or two, I log it, but weigh myself daily to make sure it sticks. I just don't trust the small losses because our weight fluctuates so much! So, yeah, I'm with you on that one....especially when it's a milestone. I don't celebrate moving into a new set of numbers until it's consistently on the scale the whole week!
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    I don't usually but I finally made it to 159.8....logged it and was soooo excited....and yep, I haven't seen that number since. I was so disappointed, almost to the point I was going to just quit all together, but I have decided to make a few changes and hopefully I will see that number this week!!! ;)
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I make sure it sticks for a few days. I know that weight fluctuates and I want to make sure it's a real change, not just me being dehydrated. It really sucks on days like today when the scale said 189. That would be 2 lbs in 2 days. While that would be nice, I'm gonna go ahead and be skeptical on that one.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I log on the same day every week, whether I have had a loss, gain, or maintained... Except on the days that I totally space it. Sometimes a busy schedule causes you to forget the important things.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am kinda like you. I wait until its sticking before I count it as a change in my weight for real. Maybe even a bi-weekly weight change before I post.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I do something similar. I weigh myself three times just to make sure it is real. I use the professional doctor's scale at the gym right after lunch just to make sure it is really weight I'm losing and not water...
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I do the exact same thing.....I wait until I see the same number for at LEAST 3 days ..before I log it...:) I know that weight goes up/down so much within a day's time...but I am STILL addicted to weighing myself every day.... :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same thing.....I wait until I see the same number for at LEAST 3 days ..before I log it...:) I know that weight goes up/down so much within a day's time...but I am STILL addicted to weighing myself every day.... :)

LOL I am glad I am not the only one. I always think the scale is lying so I wait to be under, then log. ;)
  • nicwal
    nicwal Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't log my weight until I have lost 5 or more pounds so if u think ur a weirdo then i must be super weird lol. I only do this because I want to make sure like u said it's staying off, but I fell it's def. not weird :)
    Keep up the good work !
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    sometimes ill weigh myself during the week, but i dont log until friday...thats my official weigh in day
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    For me it has to say the same thing (or less) 3 days in a row before I log it, but it has to be 2 pounds or more. I weigh every day, but only log the losses. Ok, so I am strange....:huh: