Need some motivation to get back on track.

Options
I have succesfully lost 60 lbs after being heavy my whole life in 2007. At that point I hit a platau and over the past 3 years has gained 20lbs back. I now have about 50 lbs to lose and can't find anything that works. I lost from doing WW and going to the gym 5 days a week. As I am now a single mom who works full time and caretakes for my mom at home, I have little time to be at the gym daily. I have utilized a personal trainer last summer without much success. Suggestions and/or motivation needed. I know I can do this but need to find some others motivated to keep me on this journey.

Replies

• lilttriana
    Options
    You can do this!! Remember diet is a huge part of weight loss so counting your calories is key to success. Stick around here to make some new friends and find tons of motivation.

I am a mother of three with a husband who is frequently gone (for a year at a time in fact )as he is in the military. I also just finished a two year degree and I am studying for my ACE exam to become a personal trainer so I know about working with time constraints.

You have to make time for YOU!! Remember, that is why you are doing this and noone else can do it for you. Start by setting aside just twenty to thirty minutes in your living room with a video or exercise on demand. You just need to get in the groove again, You have do this before YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!! Don't lose faith in yourself
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    a little motivation goes a long way. You have a lot on your plate. Go day by day, make sure you are taking time for you. It will make you feel good about yourself and you will be better for the people around you. It getting warmer, so go for a walk in the park or around a lake. If you don't like walking find something you do like. Remember that being healthy is something you do for you! Love yourself and try not to get down on the hard days! Hugs
    ~Corina
  • Yaraelizabeth10
    Yaraelizabeth10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hola Elisa.. no worries.. you will be able to get rid of those 50lbs..

What works for me.. is using MFP and doing my dancing rutines (Zumba) at home.. they are so fun that my body ask for more..

I am very proud of what I have accomplish and wanted to share with you my experience..

You can do it!

3552959.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    first off, CONGRATULATIONS on losing that weight!!!! thats awesome!!!!!
    second, you can do this. just make time for YOU & drink lots & lots of water! you sound extremely busy, & i know how that is. free-time doesn't just APPEAR, you have to make time for you. set aside some time if not each day, every other day to take a walk or jog.
    you can do it!! you already know how! just keep it up!!!
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I'm a single Mom that works full-time, too with little time for myself but, I get up at 4AM to get my exercise in before my hectic day begins. It's a sacrifice that I choose to make so I can exercise. You can add me as a friend, never mind, I will add you as a friend. Great job on loosing the weight!!!!!
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Would love to be added as friends to start my successful MFP journey. I am up at 4 for the office but when I lost my 60 I was at the gym at 3am. Determination did pay off. Just need to head to bed earlier to get my grove on at the gym.