Jillian's Ripped in 30 and calories burned

Options
So I recently started Jillian's ripped in 30 and I've been logging it as circuit training. For 25 minutes, the calculator estimated 186 calories burned. I've done other videos classified as circuit training and I feel like this video makes me work way harder than those other videos. I'm kind of wondering if anyone else would care to share their calories burned so I can compare. I'm not sure if maybe the numbers are lower than they should be for me for this video or maybe they are higher than they should be for the other circuit training videos I've tried. I'm 5'4" and around 120 lbs so people close to my size would probably be a better comparison. Thanks guys

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I cant compare to you but I have heard that the closer you are to your goal weight you do burn less calories. That could be the case but Im not sure on that.
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Well I'm not 120 pounds but I'll answer anyways! I'm 143! and almost 5'5" I burned almost exactly 190 the first 2 weeks-then it lowered to 170-180 per workout. Now Im doing ripped in 30 and burning 220-I believe its slightly longer. When I go back and do 30DS I now burn 155-165. Body has gotten used to it I guess!
  • allimac09
    allimac09 Posts: 33
    Options
    I log some of the Jillian videos as high impact aerobics. I know I burn more calories than that.... I've used monitors before and it's usually somewhere around 575 an hour. I weigh 148 lbs. I know how much you burn depends on what you weigh.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    well I can tell you that I am 5'6 and 160 pounds so a little taller and weigh more than you. I am in good shape, don't let the numbers fool you! :) I only burn between 198 and 230 calories for level three. I use Jillian's other videos, they are double the length and burn a substantial more calories (460-540). Hope it helps.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not 120 pounds but I'll answer anyways! I'm 143! and almost 5'5" I burned almost exactly 190 the first 2 weeks-then it lowered to 170-180 per workout. Now Im doing ripped in 30 and burning 220-I believe its slightly longer. When I go back and do 30DS I now burn 155-165. Body has gotten used to it I guess!

I'm talking about Ripped in 30 not 30 day Shred, but thanks for the numbers! that helps a bit I guess
  • smae1980
    Options
    I log some of the Jillian videos as high impact aerobics. I know I burn more calories than that.... I've used monitors before and it's usually somewhere around 575 an hour. I weigh 148 lbs. I know how much you burn depends on what you weigh.

That's why I asked for people my size to reply, but thanks
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options

I'm talking about Ripped in 30 not 30 day Shred, but thanks for the numbers! that helps a bit I guess

I posted both numbers, I'm burning 200-220 during each ripped in 30 workout.
  • smae1980
    Options

I just checked what my estimation would be if I logged this as high impact aerobics instead of circuit training and the numbers for aerobics were actually a little less than circuit training
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 & currently weigh 130, when I log ripped in 30 in as circuit training for 30 minutes I get around 239 calories burned. If I use 25 minutes like you did, I get around 189 calories burned. High intensity aerobics gives me lower numbers for the same time frame.
  • kindratc
    kindratc Posts: 1
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing, I googled it and I found 275 calories for Week 1 using 5lb dumbells.
  • Danielle07094
    Options
    me too it always says a really high number sometimes over 500 for an hour and im 145 pounds
  • braykobe
    braykobe Posts: 1
    Options
    I just did the first week workout today and I burned 208 calories. I'm 5'10 & 143lbs.
  • mrs_wall
    Options
    This is where I'm at weight wise and height and I'm going to start Ripped in 30 today, so I'm glad to see how much you have burned. Did you use a HRM to get these numbers? I've always plugged in my workouts (30DS and Insanity) as circuit training and 25 minutes of circuit training comes up at 220 calories burned. I know it's not completely accurate, because I can definately say that 25 minutes of 30DS is way less calories burned than 25 minutes of Insanity but a general idea is what I was going for. Hoping to get a HRM for Christmas to track my calorie burn better.