im starving

butterfly3747
butterfly3747 Posts: 29
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
im starving 3rd day of diet, i am determined.
Will make sure i dont make the mistake of wasting calories on a glass of coke and a mars bar again!

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Are you eating enough? Eat all the calories that MFP gives you and choose filling calories like protein, veggies, grains, etc.
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    How about an apple or a cup of berries. a handful of almonds of a spoonful of peanut butter?
  • ekbontje
    ekbontje Posts: 36
    If you eat healthy you will never be hungry on MFP's plan. Start getting protein, when you need a snack try some edamame, deli turkey, hummus, or even low-fat cheese like Laughing Cow. Yes, try to avoid the Mars bar and Coke because they take up calories without filling you up. But do NOT starve yourself. Even if you're going to be over your calories for the day, if you are that hungry you need to eat to keep your body functioning! So have a chicken breast and some salad and try again tomorrow with healthier snacks. I just added you as a friend, check out my food diary for some ideas.
    Good luck!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Lentils are your friend... they have amazing bang for the buck. Low calories + protein and fiber that keeps you feeling full.

Fiber usually gets a bad rap but if you want to feel full, you want fiber :)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Yes, try to avoid the Mars bar and Coke

mmmm...mars bar....:blushing:
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    eat sugar free jello. i love the premade cups.
  • Thanks guys, went to the supermarket and stocked up on loads of fruit and veg so will be back to basics tomorrow. :smile:
  • Mommy2CCCC
    Mommy2CCCC Posts: 70 Member
    In the beginning I felt as though it did take some getting used to (cutting calories). Just stick with it and soon you won't need as much food and you won't feel so hungry.
This discussion has been closed.