Just joined and trying to get baby weight off

Hi everyone!

I'm from PA and I am 27 years old with two children ages 3 years and 4 months. I'm already at my pre-pregnancy weight with my second child but not down to my pre-pregnancy weight with my first. My ultimate goal is to get back to my high school weight or about my high school weight. I'm currently about 185 and would love to get down to 135 to 140. I'm 5'71/2'' and was really athletic in high school. I played about 15 years of soccer and had the dream body. Now I just want to get back to that or about that. I had an emergency c-section with my second baby so I'm scared that I might hurt myself or I don't know what I can do about exercising, everything healed perfectly so I suppose that I'm good to go.

So if anyone can suggest on how to exercise with two children at home that would be great. Also, does anyone know of a book that can suggest what meals I should make and keep them healthy? I do use starches veggies and meats in dinner but I would just like to fine tune what I've got going now.

My husband and I are going to start working out together also, so hopefully that helps. Again if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do with meals and/or has recipes that can be helpful, let me know!!

Thanks KT

Replies

• Hi everyone!

I'm from PA and I am 27 years old with two children ages 3 years and 4 months. I'm already at my pre-pregnancy weight with my second child but not down to my pre-pregnancy weight with my first. My ultimate goal is to get back to my high school weight or about my high school weight. I'm currently about 185 and would love to get down to 135 to 140. I'm 5'71/2'' and was really athletic in high school. I played about 15 years of soccer and had the dream body. Now I just want to get back to that or about that. I had an emergency c-section with my second baby so I'm scared that I might hurt myself or I don't know what I can do about exercising, everything healed perfectly so I suppose that I'm good to go.

So if anyone can suggest on how to exercise with two children at home that would be great. Also, does anyone know of a book that can suggest what meals I should make and keep them healthy? I do use starches veggies and meats in dinner but I would just like to fine tune what I've got going now.

My husband and I are going to start working out together also, so hopefully that helps. Again if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do with meals and/or has recipes that can be helpful, let me know!!

Thanks KT
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Welcome....:smile:

I think by having your husband to work out with will be wonderful. I too would love to have my "high School body"....I was 5'1" at 95lbs (at my heaviest)...however, I am an adult now and 2 children later and know that probably won't happen....Anyway best of luck to you....

dd
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Hi and welcome! I am seven months postpartum, so I can totally relate! As far as exercise goes, I totally recommend the Mommy-Baby Yoga DVDs from Parents Magazine. You can find them in Target, Wal-Mart, etc. There is one for infants and one for toddlers. The best book I have found for baby recipes is called The Petit Appetit by Lisa Barnes. Everything is organic (which we don't do unless its dairy or meat), but you can modify. All of the nutrition information is given as well, and there are recipes from beginners through four years (and beyond-- I love this stuff too)! You might also try Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious, for when the kids are older. This site also has wonderful, healthy recipes! Good Luck! ~ Rebecca :smile: