Best protein bars....???

Options
2»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    We get some at Sam's Club (they're in a white box). They are 30g of protein and average 7g of sugar. They aren't the best tasting, but... I like that they're lower in sugar and higher in protein than a lot of them out there.
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!!!! :smile:
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    PRO MAX COOKIES AND CREAM.... hands down! I would rather eat that than a chocolate fudge sunday =)
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Clif Builders are my favorite or Zone Bars.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    For best tasting protein bars I'd say Pure Protein. S'mores, chocolate deluxe, PB Caramel, basically anything but the fruity ones are awesome. Taste like candy bars, fill me up better than any other bar and only have about 2g of sugar. Of course, you end up with sugar alcohols in that case.

But my new favorite are Power Crunch bars. They're wafer cookie bars that are around 200-210 cal, depending in flavor. About 12-14 g of protein each, about 5g of sugar and only 10g of carbs. They have a slight aftertaste but overall mostly just taste like you're eating a cookie. I like 'em cuz they're light so I can eat one closer to before I work out or later at night if I realize I've left myself too low on calories and they don't weight me down at all. My favorite flavor so far is the PB Fudge, followed by the Triple Chocolate and the Vanilla Creme. I'm gonna be checking out more flavors soon though. I get mine at Trader Joe's and 7-11 but I've found 'em online multiple places.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I didnt even take into account bars like Clif, Luna or LaraBars cuz they're mostly healthy versions of candy bars to me. High sugars, high carbs, high calories and not enough fiber or protein to really make it worth my while. They taste really good, but that's about it.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    Promax Cookies and Cream is sooooooo yummy, but expensive, it would be my lunch replacement if at a quick mart or 7-11.... but I usually get the Pure Protein bars (sometimes Special K protein cus I have a good coupon for em).... I will replace my afternoon snack with one when I have a craving for something bad..... and if I need to boost my protein intake!!!
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    +1 for Pure Protein bars (Smores) when I want something other than a whole meal or protein shake.

For a change up, I also like to go with a Perfect Foods bar.
    They need to be refrigerated though because there are no artificial ingredients or chemical preservatives.
    http://www.perfectfoodsbar.com/pages/perfect-foods-bars
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    My new favorites are the P90X protein bars...20g protein, 250 calories, and only 7g sugar. All 4 flavors are yummy - Wildberry Yogurt, Chocolate Peanutbutter, Chocolate Mocha, and Chocolate Fudge.

Sharon
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    None.
  • JAmezola
    JAmezola Posts: 4
    Options
    I like the MetRx Protein Plus - Chocolate Roasted Peanut with Caramel.
    310 Calories
    9g Fat, 7g Sat Fat, 0 Trans Fat
    Sodium 290
    Potassium 210
    Carbs 33g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugar 2g/Alcohol Sugars 27g
    Protein 30g