TMI TMI but I kind of need some input :x

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
Ok, I'm so sorry, I'll try not to get graphic, but I'm having some serious "female" issues!! I've had yeast infections before, and I'm such a baby when I get them. I tend to get them when I drink a toooon of sodas or eat a lot of sugary things, and occasionally if my pH gets unbalanced for whatever reason.

I don't think I actually have an infection yet. I think my pH is just off. Yes, I realize I'm on the internet. I realize I can Google things, and I have, but I'm curious if this happens to anyone else? How do you handle it? Any tips or tricks?

I get so cranky when this happens, I'm trying to ease my mind!

Replies

• MrsFarrow
    Options
    Sorry, to clarify, I'm looking for a more natural route to balance everything back out. I'm on a daily prenatal vitamin (not pregnant yet), I've been drinking water all day like it's my job. Short of just using an anti-itch cream, is there anything to balance me back out quicker?
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    That happens to me too...I know this sounds odd, but yogurt helps (and no, I dont mean eat it, lol).
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help, sorry. I just wanted you to know there is no such thing as TMI in Koosland.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Have you had your blood glucose checked? This could be a system of Pre-Diabetes. We tend to get those when we have an overload of sugar and or carbs in our system.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Here is a great list of things you can eat to help balance PH. It does recommended a PH test first thing in the morning though, and I have no idea how to test it! Litnus paper? :laugh:

http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/alkalinediet.html
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    That happens to me too...I know this sounds odd, but yogurt helps (and no, I dont mean eat it, lol).

Eating it helps too!!!
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    Thanks Jammer, I'll try that!

And good to know, Koosdel ;)

Noctuary, as odd as it sounds, I check my sugars every day. Both of my parents are diabetic, so I got my own meter to make sure I don't get there. Also the reason I'm taking control of my eating habits!! But I appreciate the concern!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

yogurt is a great trick. kind of uh... strange. though.. it does work!
  • RedPalakiko
    Options
    Eat yogurt. And not the sugary kind that tastes like dessert. go for the greek yogurts. or start taking probiotics.
    and try cutting out the refined sugars. that should help a bunch.
    But the yogurt, eat at least 2 servings of yogurt a day.
    Hope that helps :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

True!

My stepmom and all the women in her lineage have always used plain, nonfat, organic yogurt spread very thinly onto a tampon and inserted. Leave it in for no more than 30 minutes. It should greatly reduce the discomfort and reintroduce bacteria. We actually need bacteria there to keep the yeast down.

Another option is RePhresh, which is also inserted and simply dissolves. It balances pH using non-toxic buffers.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Taking a probiotic helps (Inner health plus or something similar), cut out as much of the sugar and carbs as you can and, yep, yoghurt.
    You can either put it directly on the itchy bits (sit in a bowl or whatever) or you can dip a tampon in the yoghurt and use it like that. This was recommended to my by a gp and its all kinds of wrong town but it really does work.
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, too many sugars do make it a lovely area for the little bacteria in the body that are not that good so first off, cut that down rapidly. Secondly, buy some greek yoghurt, it is higher in protein and it is also loaded with active cultures that are good for you (probiotics) If you want to even up it on that, you can go buy yourself some probiotics, those will help you regulate your little female area. It works for me

xxx
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    yogurt and cranberry juice is what my grandma always used to tell me!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water, wearing cotton undies, sleeping in the buff at times (or just no bottoms), and avoid spermicidal condoms and certain soaps. I personally can't use Oil of Olay or very fragrancy soaps because I have very sensitive skin there.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Taking a probiotic helps (Inner health plus or something similar), cut out as much of the sugar and carbs as you can and, yep, yoghurt.
    You can either put it directly on the itchy bits (sit in a bowl or whatever) or you can dip a tampon in the yoghurt and use it like that. This was recommended to my by a gp and its all kinds of wrong town but it really does work.

LOLOLOL 'all kinds of wrong town' :laugh:
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    learned my lesson!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I have heard to use yogurt as well... for eating and otherwise.
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    Song, I have to use scentless everything!! I hate it! But at least it keeps me itch free..typically!!

I really feel like I drank too much diet coke or something! Ugh, poor decisions for real! I'm so cranky now!! Looks like I'll be making a trip to Wegmans for yogurt!!!
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Start taking acidophilus every day. Cut out the sugars and yeast products for a while.
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So strange you would bring this up but my gyn just put me on probiotics today to help with ph balance and to much yeast. I really hope it works.:sad: