Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cheat night/day

On your cheat night or day do you count the calories still or do you just eat what you want? I tend to do just a cheat dinner and I don't worry about the intake. I just work out a bit extra the day I decide to cheat to try and alleviate it. LOL

Replies

• I figure my calories on my Cheat Day as best I can. It just makes me aware of how much more I consume that day. I usually do a Cheat Meal along w/a Cheat dessert.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    I usually will be conscious of what I eat, but I won't count calories. I only do cheat days on special occasions--like a birthday or a concert out of town or what have you-- so since mine are so far and few between I don't worry about counting calories. Obviously don't binge out because it's a cheat day, but you deserve a day to not worry about calories :)
  • I always count the calories. Lets me know how far overboard I go!!
  • williamsge
    williamsge Posts: 70 Member
    I'm curious about this topic as well. I just started using MFP after cancelling my WW membership. While doing WW I would use all my weekly points on one day and then stay within my daily points the rest of the week. I was seeing small losses on the scale, so I'm undecided on if I'm going to use the method of having a higher calorie day once a week or not.
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    I never go a day without counting my calories. Whether it's to lose weight, gain, or maintain. It's only cheating yourself.