Why am I gaining weight??!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• hezzie7
    hezzie7 Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes, the muscle building is a valid problem. I did Bootcamp and was giving it so hard 4 mornings a week for 6 weeks and running on week-ends. Gained weight through it all and got as hard as a rock all over my body and felt fat. Was VERY frustrating. Then talked to a dietitian (who recommended this site). Her advise was so good. Did you know that your body can hold up to 14 lbs. of undigested food in the tummy area? She suggested taking a digestive enzyme, if you have your gallbladder, that is readily available at any good health food store. 1 tablet before meals. In my case it was within about 3 hours of taking my second tablet that the enzyme kicked in and moved what must have been stuck for a long time. A week in and I have lost 3 pounds this week. She also added Green Tea Extract and CLA before each meal. (all available at health food stores for reasonable price or Costco if you are a member). I thought she was crazy but already my pants are looser and I really am feeling so much better. If you have dieted before in your life and it was a fair amount of weight you lost on a fad diet ( that is what I did but the fad diet wasn't fad it was Weight Watchers) as soon as you decrease your caloric intake your body remembers what happened and that alone will put you into starvation mode. If you are up for a kick start try the supplements. All the weight loss clinics charge you a lot of money for that exact same kind of product. See your health food store, they can get you set up and I bet in no time what you are doing already combined with the supplements will have that weight falling off you while you are feeling more energized at the same time.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yes, the muscle building is a valid problem. I did Bootcamp and was giving it so hard 4 mornings a week for 6 weeks and running on week-ends. Gained weight through it all and got as hard as a rock all over my body and felt fat. Was VERY frustrating. Then talked to a dietitian (who recommended this site). Her advise was so good. Did you know that your body can hold up to 14 lbs. of undigested food in the tummy area? She suggested taking a digestive enzyme, if you have your gallbladder, that is readily available at any good health food store. 1 tablet before meals. In my case it was within about 3 hours of taking my second tablet that the enzyme kicked in and moved what must have been stuck for a long time. A week in and I have lost 3 pounds this week. She also added Green Tea Extract and CLA before each meal. (all available at health food stores for reasonable price or Costco if you are a member). I thought she was crazy but already my pants are looser and I really am feeling so much better. If you have dieted before in your life and it was a fair amount of weight you lost on a fad diet ( that is what I did but the fad diet wasn't fad it was Weight Watchers) as soon as you decrease your caloric intake your body remembers what happened and that alone will put you into starvation mode. If you are up for a kick start try the supplements. All the weight loss clinics charge you a lot of money for that exact same kind of product. See your health food store, they can get you set up and I bet in no time what you are doing already combined with the supplements will have that weight falling off you while you are feeling more energized at the same time.

Where in your 'tummy area' do the chicken wings go? Is there a pocket for chocolate?

Haha, okay, I'm being cheeky. You can't store undigested food in your...'tummy area' (wherever that is). Chemical digestion begins as early as the mouth for some nutrients, and there is no exit for undigested food from your stomach into your body cavity. In fact, undigested food entering the duodenum of the small intestine actually promotes the release of more digestive enzymes.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Lil-- 140 lbs and 5'2 doesn't seem all that fluffy to me. Have you had your BF checked?
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Where in your 'tummy area' do the chicken wings go? Is there a pocket for chocolate?

LOL this made my day ! :flowerforyou: