mulit vitamin

Options
Who takes a multi vitamin- I have started taking One a Day weight smart- I need all the vitamins I can get with my lifestyle of work and kids- What vitamins do you take

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Who takes a multi vitamin- I have started taking One a Day weight smart- I need all the vitamins I can get with my lifestyle of work and kids- What vitamins do you take
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i take a prenatal. i'm not even pregnant. but i find it has all the good stuff i need anyway. and it cant hurt to have that extra folic acid already IN my body.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I also take a prenatal vit. I had a daughter that was born cleft lip/palate due to me not having enough folic acid in my system. I also take a vitmain E, B6.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I take a general multi-vitamin from vitamin world...think it's called Vita Min...or something. I also take a Ocean Essentials for all my fish oils and such and a calcium chew.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I also take a prenatal vit. I had a daughter that was born cleft lip/palate due to me not having enough folic acid in my system. I also take a vitmain E, B6.

Sorry to hear that
  • rayche319
    Options
    i take the nature made prenatal vitamin, i feel so much better too! my hair and finger nails are getting really long and i'm not tired all the time. it's a great vitamin even if your not expecting.
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have tried countless types of vitamins. I've tried taking them at different times of day, with different foods, with lots of water. But I almost alway throw up. If I don't throw up, I wish I would. Vitamins make me so nauseaus.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I have tried countless types of vitamins. I've tried taking them at different times of day, with different foods, with lots of water. But I almost alway throw up. If I don't throw up, I wish I would. Vitamins make me so nauseaus.

try with milk or after a meal they are big and need something in your stomach
  • tamazinglee
    Options

try with milk or after a meal they are big and need something in your stomach

I tried taking them at breakfast, lunch and dinner. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried have a snack just before bedtime (like milk or fruit or a slice of toast) thinking I could maybe sleep through the nausea but that didn't work either. It is frustrating for me because I WANT to take a multi-vitamin, I know how important it is.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    How about taking 2 Flintstone's (or other complete children's vitamin)? When I was pregnant, I couldn't tolerate the horse pill-sized, foul-smelling vitamins they wanted me to take. They said 2 Flintstone's was just as effective-just be sure it's a complete vitamin. You could ask the pharmacist for assistance if needed.
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    How about taking 2 Flintstone's (or other complete children's vitamin)? When I was pregnant, I couldn't tolerate the horse pill-sized, foul-smelling vitamins they wanted me to take. They said 2 Flintstone's was just as effective-just be sure it's a complete vitamin. You could ask the pharmacist for assistance if needed.

I never considered a Flintstone vitamin. I'll definately look into this. I chewed these vitamins as a kid so I am hoping that I can still tolerate them as an adult. Thank you, I think I'll head over to the pharmacy on my lunch break.
  • jukramer
    jukramer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This made me remember - yesterday I was at Target and saw the Gummie vitamins for adults. I don't know the brand, but they're usually made for kids and they look like gummie bears. Don't know how they taste though, but may be worth looking into.