I'm not a lush, but can't I just drink my extra calories? (y

Options

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread and now officially <3 U!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    if i have a bloody mary does that count as a serving of vegtables?
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Ofcourse use V8 LoL

mmmmm mmmm or a ceaser love me some ceaser and that even comes with veggies in it hehhe
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, it's OK :)
    If you are eating healthy in general and you have factored in the calories then I don't see the problem with a drink or two - my aim is to find a healthier, long term way to eat and live and for me that includes a drink every few days.
    I put alcohol into the same categories as chocolate and desserts - something to enjoy in moderation, just not every day.
    A shot of tequila (mixed with fresh lime juice and soda water ) is about 64 cals, wine at 115 a glass, a corona, cider - you'll find all of these in my diary :) and I'm losing weight steadily.
    Cheers!!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass of wine every day. I would MUCH rather have that glass of wine than a piece of pie or cake or something of that nature.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Ofcourse use V8 LoL

mmmmm mmmm or a ceaser love me some ceaser and that even comes with veggies in it hehhe

One serving of V8 is TWO servings of veggies =]
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I usually have a glass of wine every day. I would MUCH rather have that glass of wine than a piece of pie or cake or something of that nature.

We're related, right??? ;)
  • Suzy12
    Options

It does when my daughter makes the bloody mary. Low sodium V-8 for starters, but she adds a pickle, celery stick, piece of string cheese, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, hot olives (did I miss anything?). Bottom line: it's a freaking salad in a huge *kitten* glass!!! [wipes drool off computer] :laugh:
  • TheNewMe28
    Options
    Go for it! I do it and so does a lot of people of other people. If you deny yourself you will just want it more. I drink the skinny girl margaritas when I am at home. It's really good and it's only 37.5 calories per 1.5 oz!
  • ElizabethRPh
    ElizabethRPh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OMG! I love you guys!!
    I save up for my glass or 2 of wine at night! I see so many open diaries and I keep thinking I would never let anyone see that I save up or exercise more so I can have my wine at night! Hahahaha!
    I know it has no nutritional value and I realize it's not doing me any good...well from that perspective anyway! I have a stressful job and I look forward to unwinding at night with my feet high in the air. I'm so glad we are all family!

Cheers! :love:
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    So, I really didn't want to be the one to raise my hand and ask this but, can I?

I'm just talking about 2 vodka's with 0 sprit and some lime?

Seems that I have so many calories at the end of the day...

Just a thought, but who's got an answer as to yes or no?

I'm 21 sooo when I know I'm going out, I work out or save calories for drinks! I (for some reason) like Jack & Coke, so I count enough for at least 1.5 of those, and I like skinny margaritas too! I'm going to the beach in 5 weeks and you best believe I'll be having a margarita every single day!

I don't think it's a big deal. Some people say they would rather use those calories for something to benefit your body, but if you've eaten good all day and filled up your body pretty good, I'd say go for it!
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Drink just about every weekend, within my caloriesand have still managed to lose 15lbs in 8 weeks. My drink of choice is a Skinny B*tch, Vodka and Diet Coke, only 60 calories!
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    I enjoy my wine. But I do try to get my carbs, proteins, and fibers in first. Then if calories are left, have at it.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options

We're related, right??? ;)

I do believe we are! :D
  • obradovichm
    Options
    While I am no expert on the subject, I advise you to take my thoughts on this with a grain of salt.

From what I understand, you should always be consuming at least 1,200 calories a day. If you eat 1,200 calories, and then burn off say 600 via exercise, I hear it's best to eat again to hit that 1,200 minimum, otherwise your body goes into starvation mode as it's not getting enough of what it needs nutrient wise. There is a LOT of debate as to this. You will undoubtedly lose weight faster if you don't eat back your calories, but whether this weight loss will be long term...that's open to debate.

As far as drinking goes, if you exercise to burn calories and you have calories you need to eat back to hit your minimum caloric intake, I think that it is certainly advisable to do it that way if you're going to drink as opposed to not exercising and using alcohol to count towards your base (before exercise) caloric intake. From what I've read, however, alcohol is processed poorly through the body, and it messes with the weight loss process by processing either the alcohol first or the food first, and storing it as excess something or another.

That's the part I'm not sure of, as I've read several things and haven't followed up on it. Obviously, I would recommend that you drink either the low calorie beer or do cocktails such as Vodka Diets and Vodka Club Sodas. While vodka does have calories (someone once told me it doesn't, but I think that's wrong), you won't be doing as much damage with the club soda and diet.

Here's how I feel on it. You have a right to enjoy yourself. You only have one life to life so don't punish yourself. But do it responsibly and in moderation.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Last week I went Monday through Thursday with no drinks and then drank on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's for sure easier drinking calories when your daily goal is over 2000. I've got all my portions for protein, carbs, fat and so on down the hatch already and have calories left over. Where I was going to wait until tomorrow, I may indulge tonight. Thursdays the boyfriend works late so the pups and I have the house to ourselves and having some wine or beer makes watching my shows that much more fun haha. We'll see what happens. I'm stuffed at the moment as I got a late start to the day so I've been eating every hour to get my calories, on top of getting my gallon of water. Almost time for a good work out and getting rid of some water weight =]
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if ive got lots of calories left, i quite often have a glass of wine or two :)
  • Suzy12
    Options
    Not a fan of olives, but a vodka martini with pickled brussel sprouts is pretty good too! Best thread so far!!! :)
  • v0ila
    v0ila Posts: 1
    Options
    sure, it seems reasonable to me. I saved up a bunch of calories so that I could drink with my friends yesterday. I mean, I don't do it often, but I see no problem with doing it every once in a while. :)
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sounds better than a drinking a milkshake for your extra calories!