Joints pain

Options
Hey, I want some advice please.
Now that I'm finally loosing weight, I'm doing the Jillian Michael 30 days shred
I'm on day 7 of level one, and my knees are hurting really bad today.
Should I do something different? Eat any special food to help?
Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thank you.

Replies

• jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I would recommend 20 mins of ice on each knee after the workout and make sure you stretch well before and after. If it helps you can follow the ice with heat for 20 mins on each side too. Good luck!
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    Are you wearing good sneakers while doing this video? Are you making sure to do the exercises correctly?
  • missygail
    missygail Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like Excedrin back and body. :-)

arnica natural pain rub. Stretching helps. Ice and heating pads help.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    When I first started Shred I wasn't able to keep doing it every day like recommended. My knees really hurt too. I had to slow down and work up to it. I would alternate it with my other workouts I was doing and gradually started doing it more. I had to stop doing it when my knees were hurting. Make sure you drink lots of water and have good form. I think if you slowly ease into it you will get stronger and be able to do it with no problems. It no longer bothers my knees.
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    I have been told that the source of some pain in the joints could come from the toxins we take in on a daily basis. If you have a lot of caffiene, try cutting it down a little bit. Also, make sure you're getting enough calcium. There is an amino acid called Glucosamine and it is naturally found in your body. It strengthens and repairs cartilage and you can find supplements of it anywhere (I get mine at CVS, I have Fibromyalgia and my knees tend to hurt a lot). If the pain continues even after icing before and after your workout, talk to a doctor definitely to see what's going on. Just don't strain yourself too hard! :)
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have knee issues as well. I went to the dr and they gave me some exercises to strengthen the muscles in my thighs, which helps to take some of the burden off the knees. Get knee braces and wear them while exercising. Take Osteobiflex every day. Ice and heat also make a big difference. I also use a product called biofreeze that is a lifesaver. It's similar to icy hot which would probably work as well. It should get better with time, but a trip to a sports medicine dr might not be a bad idea. Good luck!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that past age 35, I develop joint pain when I neglect my calcium-magnesium-vitamin D intake; I've never tried glucosamine. You probably need to ease you training intensity a bit until you become stronger. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.
    All good tips. I will try them all :)
    Thanks again