how to make a smoothie??

Options

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    1 C (or less if you desire) Light / Fat Free Yogurt
    1/2 - 1 medium banana (again, 1/2 if you want less)
    3-4 large strawberries
    1 tsp Honey
    4-5 Ice cubes (add more if you want it thicker)

Blend well and Yummy!

Other add ins:

1 tsp Vanilla extract
    1 Tbsp Peanut butter

Blueberries instead of Strawberries
    1 Tbsp. Lite chocolate syrup instead of honey
    2 packets Splenda instead of honey
  • Nomoregut
    Nomoregut Posts: 39
    Options
    I have guava nectar, strawberries, bananas and with blueberries it can be made without.

A good book with recipes "Super Smoothies: 50 Recipes for Health and Energy " I got a lot of recipes from this book
  • bmnandwa
    bmnandwa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mixed Berry Smoothie

1 pck 11 fl Oz EAS AdvantEdge Strawberry Carb control shake ( Can be substituted with 2 cups Silk Original Almond milk)
    2 cups Dole Wildly nutritious frozen mixed berries

Blend and enjoy! Excellent snack - filling and low in calories

Calories: 280
  • KaylaPeterson24
    KaylaPeterson24 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just kinda wing it! Its super fun to just put random things in and see how good it tastes lol so what I usually start with is:
    ~frozen strawberries
    ~frozen blueberries
    ~yogurt
    ~milk
    ~ice
    ~about a TBS of protein powder
    Then I just add whatever! Yesterday I made a really tasty smoothie by taking the one above and adding spinach, carrots, and peanut butter. Just experiment! You can't really go wrong (just make sure to taste it first and add sugar or more fruit or something if needed)! Good Luck!!!
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    bump!!
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use 1 cup of milk
    1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (fat free)
    1 cup of frozen fruit

some of the fruits I use are mango and peach or blueberry, raspberry, blackberry. both mixes are yummy!!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rwash0904
    Options
    You can use any fruit-- strawberries, blueberries, banana and orange in a blender. pineapple strawberries, kiwi, apples, banana and orange juice. I often add a hand full of fresh spinach, a small piece of fresh ginger and a small piece of lemon or lime in each one. I always add a banana. It helps to sweeten it or you can add honey or aguava necter. I hope this helps.
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually make them for breakfast..i use:

3 Strawberries
    1 Banana
    1/2 cup of Almond milk or Vanilla Yogurt
    1/2 cup oj
    1/2 cup of berry medley
    3 cubes of ice..Blend well
  • Maureen80
    Maureen80 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi all great ideas here!

mine is:

1/2 cup low fat milk
    1/2 cup low fat yogurt ( any flavour)
    1 ripe banana
    bout 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
    a few canned peach slices with some of its juice
    some ice......whizz up and enjoy!
  • tripperella
    Options
    I like to use frozen fruit, since you don't need to add ice =D my go-to recipe is

6 oz plain greek yogurt
    1 cup of vanilla or chocolate light soy milk
    1/2 cup frozen raspberries
    1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)

blend and enjoy =D you can up the fruit/add in some fresh fruit too if you like
  • FitnessGreek
    Options
    I always get rave reviews on this smoothie recipe. It is almost like a frozen milk shake, but better...

For a thick, sweet, creamy and very nutritious smoothie:

1/2 cup lowfat milk
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup of lowfat vanilla or plain yogurt
    1 tbsp. vanilla extract (more or less depending on your taste)
    2 or 3 teaspoons sugar (but may not be needed depending on your taste)
    1/5 of an avocado *VERY IMPORTANT FOR CREAMY TEXTURE
    approx. 1/2 cup frozen berries of some kind (I use frozen mixed berries or bluberries)
    1/4 cup to a 1/2 cup frozen or fresh banana OR frozen mango

Gradually add ingredients as listed and blend a little at a time until it is totally liquefied to a smoothie texture. You may need to manaully mix it around a few times if some of the fruit gets stuck at the bottom or top of your blender. Enjoy!
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    MMM these all sound sooo good! I definitely need to get a new blender and some protein powder now! When you use frozen fruits, are they store bought frozen or fresh then you freeze them? I am sooo thirsty for some vanilla almond milk right now after reading all these! I LOVE it ! Thank you everyone for all the ideas!
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    OMG - that sounds delicious!!

Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana, Almond Milk and Protein Powder!

Heaven... seriously. I started making it when I made the decision to give up my sweets (my biggest problem). I really, really like it.
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    MMM these all sound sooo good! I definitely need to get a new blender and some protein powder now! When you use frozen fruits, are they store bought frozen or fresh then you freeze them? I am sooo thirsty for some vanilla almond milk right now after reading all these! I LOVE it ! Thank you everyone for all the ideas!

I buy bananas, peel, chop & freeze. If I have fresh fruit that is starting to "turn", I freeze it too. Lots of times I do buy frozen packaged fruit, always without added sugar. I find that by using frozen fruit, I don't have to use as much ice.
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    With the frozen bananas, you can even make banana ice cream! That's really good! I want a smoothie now!
  • shellypoo7
    shellypoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely waiting to hear a response to this. Mine never taste like Tropical Smoothies (I love them BTW)! I got the fruit down, but it's obviously something else that's added that makes it taste better (sweet even?)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Edy's makes smoothie cups you just add milk and stir
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 (cut up) frozen mango
    1/2 - 1 cup orange juice depending on how thin or thick you want it :)

tada!
  • shellypoo7
    shellypoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have guava nectar, strawberries, bananas and with blueberries it can be made without.

A good book with recipes "Super Smoothies: 50 Recipes for Health and Energy " I got a lot of recipes from this book

THANKS FOR THE BOOK TIP!