do you know how many calories are burned in hip hop abs?

Options
the fat burning cardio etc. haha

i don't know where to find that information and google is not that big of a help hahaha thank you!

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My sister does that ALL the time.
    Since it is pretty intense, it probably does burn alot of calories, but it depends on how tall you are and you're weight in order to tell how many calories you burned.
    You could buy an HRM and find out though.
  • bamagirl2020
    Options
    the fat burning cardio etc. haha

i don't know where to find that information and google is not that big of a help hahaha thank you!

I've wondered the same thing! I love Hip-Hop Abs, but I never know how to log it into my exercise journal.
  • ScorpioDiva81
    ScorpioDiva81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I'm sure its a lot but I'd like to know a specific number lol
  • legallyblonde211
    Options
    Thanks for the link (this is from the earlier post by someone else: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Information/CalorieBurnChart.htm). It worked great with me being able to log my hip hop ab work outs. It would be considered- Dance- aerobic intense. As an example on the chart says this is how you'd calculate how many calories you burned during your workout.

Calories burned per pound per minute (badminton - .044) x (times) your exact weight (140 pounds) = (equals) total calories burned per minute (6.16 calories burned per minute) x (times) minutes of activity (30 minutes) = (equals) 184.80 total calories burned per activity

Dance-aerobic- intense is .061. Lets say you weigh 150 lbs and you worked out 30 minutes
    (.061 x 150) x 30 = 274.50 So you would burn 275 calories for your work out.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Calorie results WILL vary from person to person.

Buy a heart rate monitor with a chest strap and calorie calculator.

Most people like the Polar FT4. Some prefer the FT7. Other people like others, but these are the usual two.

These will NOT be perfect calorie calculation, but are better than a calorie guess based on a random website.

Remember to keep the chest strap sensors connected to your body or they won't read right. Men have this problem more than women.

Have fun.