Tingly Fingers

Options
btor
btor Posts: 144 Member
Hey guys!

So I was working out tonight, doing my daily cardio routine (30 minutes on the treadmill, run 2 10 min. miles and walk the rest- 35 minutes on the interval setting on the elliptical) and about halfway through my hands/fingers got kind of tingly. It started just in three fingers of my left hand and now (3 hours post workout) both of my palms/fingers are somewhat still tingly. It's not painful, but certainly noticeable. Anybody experienced something like this before?

Replies

• KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I get it when I walk, I think it's the blood going to the end of your fingers. Are you running with your hands down.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    did you have your hands down at your sides? if you aren't pumping your arms the blood can build up and that can happen.
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    you taking any pre-workout supps? i know that beta-alanine can make you feel all tingly
  • sylviablakely
    sylviablakely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water while exercising. I get this sometimes when I go walking then my fingers swell up a bit - think its just lack of fluid so I would make sure you keep hydrated. But.......................just keep your eye on it if it continues or you get other symptoms I would go get it checked out. :smile:
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses!

I am running with my arms at my sides, swinging back and forth, and on the elliptical I have them half of the time up/half of the time on the movable bars on the machine. I haven't been taking anything pre-workout, just sometimes doing a protein shake afterwards to help with muscle recovery if I've done strength training. As for water, I usually drink at least 15 cups a day, typically 6 over the course of my 1 hr, 15 min. workout. The tingly fingers are such a mystery...
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My fingers do that too...and my hands sweat really bad but I think its because I clinch my fists a little when I run. I think its just the blood like they said. I usually just shake them out when it happens. I wouldn't worry about it. :)
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can say that to have experienced something similar, but not post work out. Sometimes I think it is from lack of circulation or just holding on too tightly. When I make an adjustment, it tends to go away. Might wanna talk to your dr. about it if it keeps happening.