Have i failed?

Options
I cant believe i stopped the dvd of 30 day shred after 10 mins on day 5 last night. I couldnt use the tv till nearly 10pm so i was feeling tired anyway but even when doing the butt kicks i was barely moving. Have i let myself down? i was still within my calories yesterday and i got in 60 mins of walking at lunch time so i shouldnt beat myself up but i feel really distressed about it this morning!

i actually went to bed straight after i turned the tv off in a really bad mood because of it, but my body feels tired. is this normal? also are you meant to do the 30 day shred for 30 days non stop?

As much as i want to get back on it after work i just feel like my body is nackerd. How can i turn this around? i feel really sorry for myself right now lol, and im the only one that can do anything about it, and i can see the great results already but i feel totally shatterd like my body needs a rest!

Replies

• marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, Don't worry - you were obviously really really tired! I guess to get the best results you should do it every day, but i don't think 1 day off is going to harm too much.

I only do it about 3 times a week, but that was my plan to start with - to mix it in with other cardio exercise.

Just try again tonight - can you do it a bit earlier?
    :smile:
  • Monneymayat
    Options
    You haven't failed at all. The lunchtime walk and staying within your calorie allowance is a brilliant achievement for the day. If your body is telling you to rest, then you need to rest. Give yourself a break, stay within your calorie allowance, and maybe go for another walk so you don't feel guilty. We all need to rest, don't feel guilty about it, do what your body is telling you to, you will feel better for it, making you achieve more in the long run.

Well done so far.
    x
  • PrincessLynn2010
    PrincessLynn2010 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think you did great! Don't beat yourself up about the tape! You got all that walking in and ate well, to boot!

The hard part is learning to listen to our bodies, and to what they really, honestly need. Do they need that high-calorie snack that you want like mad? No. But the temptation to listen to our bodies THEN is somehow easier than listening when it's telling us something we NEED to hear: "You're tired. You've done well. It's time to put your feet up and relax."

We often feel more tired at certain times of the month (if we're female), or if we're coming down with a cold, are ill, or simply have had an emotionally exhausting, taxing day.

Keep up the good work!!!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i havent done 30DS but i know you need some kind of rest or your muscles and body will not heal. you need to heal and rest. don't beat yourself up. your body is telling you it needs to take a day.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about feeling quilty if you don't exercise for a day, but if you are as tired as you say you are, then yes, It sounds like you need a break for a couple of days! Your body needs that time to rebuild and rest, it's almost as imortant as the exercising itself if you know what I mean. Don't beat yourself up over it, if your body is giving you strong siginals that it is time to take a break, then by all means...take one and DON"T FEEL QUILTY, it doesn't help you mentally or physically to be beating yourself up! It really is ok to take a rest from exercise, really! I try and exercise 6 days a week but lately it's been more like 5 days most weeks. Yeah, I think I should be exercising on those off days but when I'm tried, it's like a half *kitten* effort, why bother. So be kind to yourself and your body, do what you can and be proud of yourself for that!

I also wanted to add that when I go out for a run I feel great one day, if I try and do it 2 days in a row, it's pretty much impossible for me to run as far or as long as I did the day before. Some days your body just needs to do something less vigourous. Take that break and you will be much more productive the next time you do it!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :o) i feel A LOT better now than i did when i woke up.

Will try again tonight. I hate the thought of starting a programme and not seeing it through to the end.