Milky Way Simply Carmel Commerical

Options
OMG!

Just sitting here reading the posts here and craving something sweet.

When all of a sudden, to my right side of my screen there is this commerical of that Milky Way Simply Carmel and all that uh wee goo eee carmel being pulled out of that delicious looking Milky Way.

Dang, I just drooled all over my key board.

Oh, well, catch you all later, gotta go clean up my keyboard, and go eat a celery stick and pretend that it is that uh wee goo eee Milky Way I just saw on here.

Why can't we just have commericals on here of the foods that we don't like....makes you wanna say hummm...L0L.

I don't like Hominy that would be a good commerical on here. It wouldn't make me hungry for that one.

What would your commerical be on here of a food you don't like?

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I saw the same thing reading your post! Too funny!! For me it would be avocados. The color, texture and all of that reminds me of a dirty diaper...
  • cfmusgrove
    cfmusgrove Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    the advertisements that you see are targeted particularly for you. Not everyone sees the same ads. Advertisers track your browsing activity with cookies and try to send you ads that are relevant to want you are browsing. For example, right now, my ads are showing a weight loss thing and southwest airlines (I was searching flights earlier). When I got married last year and was browsing wedding sites, then I started getting wedding related ads on other sites. A few months later, I started getting pregnancy stuff ads (I guess they figure that is the natural progression....).
  • cfmusgrove
    Options
    oh funny, now I see the milky way ad too on this same page when I refreshed it... I wonder if it has anything to do with the words 'milky way' being typed in this page a few times...
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Haha that's funny.

I always see things relating to Exercise equipment, as over the last year I searched thousands of threads on BodyBuilding for Power Racks, Bars, Weights, Bands, Benches etc etc.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    the advertisements that you see are targeted particularly for you. Not everyone sees the same ads. Advertisers track your browsing activity with cookies and try to send you ads that are relevant to want you are browsing. For example, right now, my ads are showing a weight loss thing and southwest airlines (I was searching flights earlier). When I got married last year and was browsing wedding sites, then I started getting wedding related ads on other sites. A few months later, I started getting pregnancy stuff ads (I guess they figure that is the natural progression....).

Well the internet is mistaken in thinking I like Cream of Wheat then. That's all I ever see on this site. Crazy thing is, I'm actually thinking about getting some now!! Damn advertising... :devil:
  • geemerpaddy
    Options
    I haven't heard of these, does anyone know if they are out in the UK?
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm in the uk and i'm wondering if what you guys call a milky way is what we call a marsbar. Our milkyway's don't have caramel.
  • PrincessLynn2010
    PrincessLynn2010 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    LOL my ad is "Taco Bell"!

Maybe it's a conspiracy! Us dieters should revolt! ;-)
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I see adverts with burgers and chips on all the time and i seriously don't spend my time browsing burger sites *lol*
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I don't even like candy bars with caramel and those ads get to me. It's crazy, isn't it? LOL
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Its funny the ads never reflect anything I search for except buicks.Sometimes they are related to whatever thread im on but thats it lol
  • cfmusgrove
    Options
    Don't feel bad if you are seeing a lot of food related advertisements....I don't mean to imply that you are searching for junk food online. It is probably because you have been searching and going to sites that deal with diets, fitness, calories, etc....like this one. It doesn't matter that you're trying to be healthier, you are still the target market for these types of ads because advertisers can see that you are thinking about food (even if it is eating less of it!).