Its ok!

Options
Well today i did pretty well on my calories up to a point.

Then i had pasta salad, it was filled with loads of veggies ( cut to perfection by yours truely) but i think i had too much of the pasta itself.

So here is my question, how do you prevent yourself from eating that extra 2 servings of your favorite food on the planet? Is it verbal? .... come on guys, throw me a bone, i need me some techniques.

But just FYI, even though i wasnt happy about all the pasta i ate today, i still think i did prettty good, and today while i was getting ready to go off campus I felt cute.

so at the end of the day its like " Damn i ate a lot, but i still look prettier than 60% of the population"

HIZZAH EXERCISE AND MAKEUP!

Replies

• irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    Well today i did pretty well on my calories up to a point.

Then i had pasta salad, it was filled with loads of veggies ( cut to perfection by yours truely) but i think i had too much of the pasta itself.

So here is my question, how do you prevent yourself from eating that extra 2 servings of your favorite food on the planet? Is it verbal? .... come on guys, throw me a bone, i need me some techniques.

But just FYI, even though i wasnt happy about all the pasta i ate today, i still think i did prettty good, and today while i was getting ready to go off campus I felt cute.

so at the end of the day its like " Damn i ate a lot, but i still look prettier than 60% of the population"

HIZZAH EXERCISE AND MAKEUP!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You are too cute. :bigsmile:

Are you working off the calories that you eat?

To prevent overeating have you tried using a scale, smaller plate, learning how to make dishes for one person?

More "kuddos" to you for loving yourself and having a healthy self esteem. More women need that including myself.
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    But here is the thing! I am working it all off! But i really really really want to establish healthy eating habits ! I dont want to feel like i have to run super hard when i play tennis, or torture myself with another 15 minutes of jogging after i should already be done. You know? Huff.

And thank you for calling me cute!

You know, I do wish we ladies had higher self esteem, it really does make things a whole lot easier, at my age im surrounded by photographs of "beautiful women" strapped in lingere that is falling off thier 120 pound 6'0 body. And i DONT want to be like that!, i want to lose weight so i can FEEL pretty its for my own selfish gratification. I dont have to look the way that is percieved as beautiful.

* takes deep sigh*
    mmk, all better now!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your are being raised you right. I have two daughters who don't necessarily care what other's think and are ok with the way they look. They are not skinny (hispanic genes :bigsmile: ) and they both know they need to lose some weight but they eat healthy for the most part.

You are losing weight for the right reasons :drinker: For you and not to fit in or look like the "skinny chick in the poster". Beauty has been and always be in the eyes of the beholder.

Now to the eating healthy -- it's not necessarily what you eat but how much and how often. You are young and active so exercise is not the problem. Try to eat to feel satisfied and not full. When you feel full it could mean you ate too much. Break your meals down from three to about 6 small meals every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, which could help. Start reading the lables for the items you buy and try to avoid high sugar, fat, and sodium items. Look to more organic items when you can along with cooking your own food. Prepackage your meals -- let's say you cook on Sunday and make a full pot of pasta; break that down into a couple of meals. Grab in go kinda of stuff which will save you money and prevent the extra servings. If you find you are getting hungry make adjustments to when you eat and remember healthy snacks. That doesn't mean a smaller bag of doritos, a three musketeer instead of a snicker's bar and diet soda.