Exercise suggestions?

Options
Hi

My main thing at the moment, is i dont go to the gym as i can afford it. Im exercising daily but end up either walking or on a stationary bike. Is there anything else I can do to keep it fresh? I cant run (partially as im unfit but mainly due to a spine injury that still can not take that kind of impact).

I dont like DVDs either, mainly cause i always get lost with them and its difficult to log on here.

Any suggestions are welcome and i thank you all now :)

Replies

• gwilsonsd
    Options
    I ride my bike anywhere that's 3 miles or less. It adds up, and I get fresh air, stress relief, alone time, good cardio, etc, etc.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Do you have a WII or XBOX? They have great exercise games. I love the NFL Trainer. It tracks the calories and it is about 39.99. They also have the Biggest Loser and Zumba,
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I dont actually have a real bike and can not afford to get one - besides that, i dont tend to go places, i work from home at the moment so it help really.

I have a wii - will look at those games and see what i can get!

Thanks both!
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi

My main thing at the moment, is i dont go to the gym as i can afford it. Im exercising daily but end up either walking or on a stationary bike. Is there anything else I can do to keep it fresh? I cant run (partially as im unfit but mainly due to a spine injury that still can not take that kind of impact).

I dont like DVDs either, mainly cause i always get lost with them and its difficult to log on here.

Any suggestions are welcome and i thank you all now :)

I can't run either. WAY too hard on my knees. I have a stationary bike that I use every day. I started playing video games while I'm biking to pass the time, and it made a huge difference. I can't stand sitting there staring at the tv pedaling away...I need the interaction.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Wii fit is better than nothing.
    They have some good strength training stuff.

As far as maintaining general fitness and burning calories I'd reccommend learning some bodyweight excercises.
    pushups.
    bodyweight squats.
    planks.