Constantly tired?

Options
2»

Replies

• bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You may also want to go to the Dr. and get your thyroid checked. If you suffer from hypothyroidism that could make you tired.

I was going to suggest the same thing. When I get tired all of the time I know it is time to go have my levels checked because something is off. Even if you think it is your iron, just get the blood test. Your body is telling you it needs something. Besides pregnancy, I have never been as tired as I am when my thyroid is requiring my attention.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I was the same, saw my doc and had blood tests which showed Vitamin B12 deficiency (I am vegetarian and this is quite common). I was prescribed B12 injections of which I've had one but can already see a slight change. Was due for my second on Wednesday but forgot cos my son was sick so going tomorrow. I've heard great thing about the injections but if you don't like them you can have daily tablets instead - I just know I'd forget so chose this option.

Worth checking out. Good luck x
    Ooh. Well there is 40% B12 of RDA in my multivitamin already, so could it still be that?
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You may also want to go to the Dr. and get your thyroid checked. If you suffer from hypothyroidism that could make you tired.

I was going to suggest the same thing. When I get tired all of the time I know it is time to go have my levels checked because something is off. Even if you think it is your iron, just get the blood test. Your body is telling you it needs something. Besides pregnancy, I have never been as tired as I am when my thyroid is requiring my attention.

Is there no other way they can test for Thyroid, apart from a blood test? :noway:
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    There are a few other signs and symptoms to look for but function is determined by simple are sample. Other symptoms: weight gain (or working hard and not losing), hair loss, depression, mood swings. Do you have any lumps on the base of your neck in the throat area? These can all be present or just one. Do you have a fear of needles?
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    When they messed up my thyroid I couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time, and couldn't stay awake during the day. BUT the really big issue for me still... ice cold hands and feet. Dry skin can be an issue too. Look up common syptoms on the internet and it will give you a bigger list.

I still say to change your diary settings to include iron... that's something you can do right now, without a blood test. The other things involving a doctor are good, but not instant like changing your settings.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Why don't you want to have a blood test?
  • amberpaigee
    Options
    I feel your pain lovely! I feel tired ALL the time too and it's because I'm veggie/vegan and need my B12! I would suggest just keep taking your iron tablets and make sure you take in enough Vitamin C each day (leafy greens, blackcurrants and strawberries) because it helps the absorption of iron into the blood!!!

If it doesn't help it might be worth seeing the doctor? Although I am guessing it's because of your sleeping pattern (which can't be helped!) Keep on with the healthy eating, add in your Vitamin C and hopefully it will all pay off eventually and you will have more energy!

:flowerforyou:

EDIT TO ADD: Here's a link for foods rich in Vitamin C!
    http://www.weightlossforall.com/foods-rich-vitamin-c.htm
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I know my doctor would suggest a blood test, but I've never had one and refuse to have one. I went from 1995 - 2010 without having any injections! A few years back when my old doctor prescribed it was because I was going dizzy a lot so he said to give them a go for a couple of weeks. Since then I've taken them on and off. I usually get leg pains when I haven't had them for a while, so then I take one or two and repeat...

I take a multivitamin every day and have done for a few years now. It's only when I run out and don't take it for a few days that I get ill.

I could try the night time thing I guess, but all 3 at once seems a bit odd?

Don't let a needle phobia stop you from having vital blood tests....even if they hurt...which actually they don't...even if they did....it can hurt a lot more if you end up really sick..get to the Doctor and get some tests done...yoou can do it..and you should....
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I dont know if anyone else has said this but you need to get your thyroid checked out too. Anaemia will also cause breathlessness. Some days I can feel exhausted, but not all the time. You really need to see a doctor to get evrything checked out
  • lois2324
    lois2324 Posts: 20
    Options
    dont take all 3 at ounce ill need the slow relaese ones,
    im exactly the same as you, i can get up have breakfast and want to go back to bed, i never feel refreshed when i wake- always tired! im going to start taking iron and b vit i think as well as the multivit i take, i fiind that being as active as possible does help its just such a huge effort,
    x