Need help counting these calories

Options
Ok last night I made dinner and am having a hard time couting last nights dinner. I made a vegie pasta dish. I used (extra virgin) olive oil, whole wheat organic pasta, brocli (1/2 cup of flowers), califlower (1/2 cup od flowers), bean sprouts (1/2 cup), garlic, (2cloves), artichoke (3 sm jars) and roasted red pepers (1 can) and tomatoes (1 can). sooooo I had last night about a cup and 1/2 how many calories do you think I had?

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Ok last night I made dinner and am having a hard time couting last nights dinner. I made a vegie pasta dish. I used (extra virgin) olive oil, whole wheat organic pasta, brocli (1/2 cup of flowers), califlower (1/2 cup od flowers), bean sprouts (1/2 cup), garlic, (2cloves), artichoke (3 sm jars) and roasted red pepers (1 can) and tomatoes (1 can). sooooo I had last night about a cup and 1/2 how many calories do you think I had?
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I would break everything down seperatly....if you had 1/2 cup pasta find that in the database, then the veggies and the olive oil.....remember if you used 2 tbsp. oil for the whole dish to divide those calories by your portion you actually ate...or it might look scary!!!!!
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Here's a great website to go to for this (I wouldn't stick with them to track calories as MFP is by far the best...but this is a great tool!)

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php?process=resubmit&count=2

The recipe you just gave - put it in there...and how many servings...and it will calculate the nutrition per serving.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I might not be able to because i made a huge pot for my family so i had like two lil flowers or brocclli, like 1 slice of garlis...... ya no so i would even be able to really count count like i would if I just made it for my self.....
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i would get all the info for each item, add it all together, estimate how many cups it made, and then estimate your serving.