Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just bought this yesterday and did level 1 last night...Just watching her is motivation enough lol Her body is sick. I think I'm going to try level 2 today and do that for 15 days and level 3 for 15 days... Add me if you want and we can all do it together :)
  • starryeyedwonder
    Options
    I'm on day 5 - two days longer than I made it last time! Hoping I can finish it out this time. Good luck everyone!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser DVD called Last Chance workout and strength training. I love it, it's not easy, but I love the different intervals you switch to often, it doesn't get boring and that's a big deal for me. So I will join this group and help as much as I can..........GO GIRLS!! great job everybody....
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im on Level2 right now starting 3 soon, have lower body injury so Ive been modifying some! Ive seem tremendous results though! Lost a total of 10 inches since starting on 01/24/11
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Is everybody ready for Day 3??? (or whatever day you might be on)
    I am!! I am a little sore but I am determined to do this! And I have scheduled a "60 minute full body hot stone massage" for 31 days after this challenge started as my reward.
    Does anyone want to do a weekly weigh-in/inches during this 30 days?? I'd be willing to keep a spreadsheet and post it weekly if people are interested. Just let me know if you're interested. You can either post your starting stats here or message me.
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good job to all of you!! Keep up the great work, it will pay off!! I am on day 4 today, of my Last Chance workout DVD (which I plan to buy more of her DVD's after this one) so count me in on weekly weigh in/inches... Thank gosh I measured myself at the start of this. I will send them to you via a message reply, versus adding them to my signature....Thank you for suggesting and doing this!! By you doing this, it WILL make me accountable, great idea!!:happy:
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Day Two, Level One....

Felt GREAT!!! I was a little sore from last night so I REALLLLLLY had to push. I notice that the weights arent the hardest for me, but the cardio intervals. Guess that means I need to hit the cardio a little more!

If anyone has an HRM, can you tell me about how much you're burning. I'm really giving it 110% and I'm just logging as circuit training. Thanks!

I depends on your fitness level and your size. I burn right around 220 calories. I weigh 189 and I am 5'3".
  • HCGracie
    HCGracie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am on Level one day 3!!!! I am sore but I am determined to do this!

I have had this DVD as well as the weights laying around my house for months but it took the motivations from MFP to finally OPEN it and start it!

Good Luck to everyone that has taken another step to become healthy!
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    mine hasnt come yet i just ordered it 2 days ago. as soon as it gets here tho im in :)
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The massage sounds great!!! I am rewarding myself with a new pair of luckys lol
  • nkfowler74
    Options
    The massage sounds great!!! I am rewarding myself with a new pair of luckys lol

That sounds like a great reward too! I think we all deserve something special if we make it the 30 days ;)
  • nkfowler74
    Options
    Level 1, Day 4... DONE!!! Only 26 days to go!!

I'm using 3 lb weights. What are you using??

Have a great workout today! You can do it!! HAPPY FRIDAY!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Day 4. I use 3 lb. weights too. I think I have wimpy arms. The arm exercises are the hardest for me. Does anyone feel it gets easier as it goes? I'm wondering if my muscles are stiff in the beginning. Has anyone tried walking for 20 min. before starting?
  • nkfowler74
    Options
    I am doing the "Walk away the Pounds" 2 mile walk 5 days a week as well. Its 30 mins long. And I love just love that dvd. It has 3 workouts on it....a 1 mile walk for 18 mins, a 2 mile walk for 30 mins, and a 3 mile walk for 46 mins. But it isn't just walking...its like aerobics...kinda.
  • nkfowler74
    Options
    If you started last Tuesday (the day I started), then today is Day 7 of Level 1. How is everyone feeling? Hope its getting easier for you everyday!

If you want me to track your progress, please message me your start weight and measurements. Then, we can weigh-in each week on Monday evening or Tuesday morning (depending on the time of day you typically weigh yourself). And do measurements at the end of the 30 days.

So excited to see the results!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 7 level 1 for me! I am actually looking forward to it...kinda! LOL!:laugh:

Oh and I'm using 5lb weights and I burn about 260 calories according to my HRM. I'm 5'6" and about 172 lbs...just for reference for anybody with my stats if they want to know theie calorie burn.
  • nkfowler74
    Options
    Wow Jacki...5 lb weights.You are doing great! I am only using 3 lb.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Wow Jacki...5 lb weights.You are doing great! I am only using 3 lb.

Well, honestly I'd love to use 3lb weights but I only have 5lb and 8lb weights! :tongue:

Gosh, tell me what the hardest part you think is. I struggle with arm stuff and the part I hate is the last side lunge part when you raise your arms out in front over and over. Ahhhh!
  • knbutler
    knbutler Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the dvd, and have used it several times, but not consistently. I will join you!