Starting the 30 day shred today!

Options
After so much reading I have finally decided to do the shred!
I am going to grab the DVD, 3lb weights and a mat today.

Any advice or thoughts before I start? My goal is to finish by Mothers Day. I may not reach my goal weight by then and I am ok with that but I would like to lose a few inches!

I took measurment this morning and will take pics tonight so I can "see" if there is a difference.

If you have done the shred is there anything you wish you would have done differently or any advice at all would be great.

The plan is to put the kids to bed and immediately go downstairs and get it done! Then I have the rest of the night to relax! A friend of mine....who come to think of it better log in here and post and I are going to try and do it together....well virtually together :wink:

Wish me luck!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good luck...... My advise is to jus stick with it and work through the 1st few days of pain and don't sell your self short of the workouts. Blast thru them!!!

I'm on day 18 level 2!!!

Go for it!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i've actually been telling myself for a couple of days now that i need to start over(i kind of lagged off when we had company last weekend and haven't gotten back into it yet). i think i'll do it with you.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Give it your all!! Jillian is right when she says that if you phone it in, you won't see the results. Its a great workout so long as you do it and don't just go through the motions.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've ordered this and was going to start next week. I was going to get 3kg weights (6.6lb), for those who've done it, might that be a bit too heavy to start with?
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Make sure you STICK WITH IT!!!! I have a challenge for myself to do the Shred every day for the month of april. I only skipped one day and that was when I had a LONG day a work. Believe it or not, I could tell I didn't do it the next day! If you need to do the beginners versions of the exercises don't feel bad!!! I'm not sure I know anyone who can just jump right in and do all of the advanced moves unless they have always been the type to do workouts. Good luck and feel free to add me!!
  • shellia
    shellia Posts: 11
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 1 and in immense pain but will stick with it. Good luck it really works.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level one, I'm SORE but still managing to get it done! I love it, it's a good kind of sore :-)
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've ordered this and was going to start next week. I was going to get 3kg weights (6.6lb), for those who've done it, might that be a bit too heavy to start with?

YES!!!! 6 1/2 lbs weights might kill ya!!! I use the 3lb weights and my muscles burn in a good way!
  • taylor1098
    taylor1098 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to start this soon to, good luck!
  • taylor1098
    taylor1098 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I wouldn't do any more than 5 pounds with any workout you do, unless you would prefer for your arms to look more muscular. For just starting with Jillian I would suggest 3 pounds :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I thought I read Jillian is only using 5lbs and she is PRO!
    i was thinking of 2lbs even....lol.
  • afcparker
    afcparker Posts: 33
    Options
    Yes! I agree, that I too much! I only had 1.5 weights at my house and I started with those. (I really have no muscles).

But that was good for the first few days, to ease myself in. After I knew i got do more i started using 5lb weights. It was more challenaging but worth it.

• afcparker
    afcparker Posts: 33
    Options
    Definatly stick with it!!!

The first 2 days of level 1 were horrible! I thought my arms were going to fall off. But by day 10 I was ready to move on to level 2.
    Now I'm on day 2 of level 2 and AGAIN I feel like my arms are dying (using 5lb weights).
    I'm going to keep going though and hope that by day 10 of level 2 I can move on to level 3.

:)

good luck everyone!!! i hope we all get some great results!!!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Tagging this. I have it scheduled to start the week of 4/18 and would love to see how things go for you.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies I use 3kg in a class I do, because the choice is 3kg or 1.25kg, they don't have anything else!
    But I didn't know how hardcore this DVD is. Might get me a pair of 2kg ones following your advice, cheers.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of the April shred challenge. Tomorrow I check my measurements, I notice when I walk past a mirror that I look better!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Ok I am ready!!

DVD --- Check
    3lb weights ---- Check
    Mat -- Check

Going to get my hair done at the salon after work so I should be feeling pretty good tonight :flowerforyou:

i will report back if I make it back up the stairs when I am done:laugh:
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options

I wouldn't do any more than 5 pounds with any workout you do, unless you would prefer for your arms to look more muscular. For just starting with Jillian I would suggest 3 pounds :)

i actually plan on using 2 sets - 1lb weights for the shoulder stuff (cuz that KILLS me) and 3lb weights for everything else. just a thought.
  • soon2bmrsc
    Options
    I just started JM Ripped in 30, but after I am done I am thinking about starting 30 DS...Interested to know how it works for you! Good Luck!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 DONE!

I was expecting way worse..lol. I had trouble with the push ups and there were a tad too many jumping jacks but happy to have burned 200 calories. Maybe after some sleep it will hit me but so far so good. I had a bit of weakness in my legs during the lunges with the weights.