eating for your body type...

Options
i have just recently heard about the books that teach you to eat for your body type to speed up your specific metabolism. has anyone done this? need opinions/info on it! thanks =]

Replies

• LisaMynatt
    Options
    I know three people who have faithfully done this and lost a LOT of weight! My mom is one of them and eating this way helped her to lose those last few lbs to get to her goal weight. She was exercising very regularly also. I am a type A and I have found that when I stay away from meat like they suggest, and make sure I get my protein from other sources (beans, peanut butter etc.) it is much easier to lose weight and the best thing is I feel much better!! I found this book at the library, and also picked up "Cook Right for your Type". Once we decided that we liked them I bought them on EBay. You need to be committed to do this because more than likely it you have others in your household they will not be the same blood type so you may be preparing different foods for different family members. Once you get the hang of it though it isn't too bad.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    What are the names of these books? I'm very curious!
  • Katherine_Nelson
    Katherine_Nelson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know three people who have faithfully done this and lost a LOT of weight! My mom is one of them and eating this way helped her to lose those last few lbs to get to her goal weight. She was exercising very regularly also. I am a type A and I have found that when I stay away from meat like they suggest, and make sure I get my protein from other sources (beans, peanut butter etc.) it is much easier to lose weight and the best thing is I feel much better!! I found this book at the library, and also picked up "Cook Right for your Type". Once we decided that we liked them I bought them on EBay. You need to be committed to do this because more than likely it you have others in your household they will not be the same blood type so you may be preparing different foods for different family members. Once you get the hang of it though it isn't too bad.

Thank you! ive been seeing some different versions of those books on amazon and i think i might give it a try!
  • Katherine_Nelson
    Katherine_Nelson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What are the names of these books? I'm very curious!

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Right-Your-Type-Individualized/dp/039914255X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302195961&sr=1-1

this is the main one ive been seeing! hope it helps!